CM871 poor power and fuel econ
04-14-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
More update. Not good though.

Got the wiring mess squared away. Aux TPS code gone and no more lights on the dash. Drove it and no change. Power Stops climbing at 48%engine load and about levels out about 385 indicated HP. Still sluggish. Still puffs white smoke on tapping the throttle, even if you roll in from the road, stop, hit the parking brakes, then tap the throttle it will puff white smoke. Still has a slight haze at idle all the time, engine temp doesn’t make a difference other than it’s not as bad right as you start it. But only take 30-60 seconds before it is hazing.

SO, went back to redo the injector leak down test, like Rawze said. Got bubbles again. C-A stroke on rear bank so I have a #5 injector issue. 4 & 6 have been replaced in the last 3 months so why not. (Side note, I wanted to change the whole set when we started having these problems but we didn’t). Now we will have 1,4,5,6 new in the last 3 months with 3 different shop visits and 2&3 are still original factory equip.

Also, I had went ahead and got the fueling actuator to replace the front bank actuator. Took the front bank fueling actuator apart and the plunger has a slight catch about the time it contacts the solenoid. Only on one side, and if you spin the plunger around 180° then it doesn’t catch. So I guess that thing is bad??
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ - Grounded Pilot - 04-14-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.