CM871 poor power and fuel econ
04-16-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
(04-16-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  ... I adjusted the other 3 injectors, they barely had 5in/lb preload on them?!? Am I missing something, or did the shop just miss the adjustment by 90%????...

they don't get that loose on their own. Someone did not adjust them properly.

Matter of fact, I have seen many mechanics over the years make the mistake of setting the rocker torque on the ISX injectors to roughly 0-ft.lbs.. because they still think that the injectors for the ISX are the same as old 1980's big-cam engines.. and are just simply that under-educated about how more modern engines should be set. Engine runs like crap, it messes up the timing and metering actuators, and causes all kinds of power losses.

Still yet, i have seen plenty a mechanics that get lazy and do not turn the engine to the proper positions for each cylinder individually. They try to do 2 or 3 at a time.. and they all end up adjusted wacky too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Grounded Pilot

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ - Rawze - 04-16-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.