CM871 poor power and fuel econ
04-16-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
(04-16-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-16-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  ... I adjusted the other 3 injectors, they barely had 5in/lb preload on them?!? Am I missing something, or did the shop just miss the adjustment by 90%????...

they don't get that loose on their own. Someone did not adjust them properly.

Matter of fact, I have seen many mechanics over the years make the mistake of setting the rocker torque on the ISX injectors to roughly 0-ft.lbs.. because they still think that the injectors for the ISX are the same as old 1980's big-cam engines.. and are just simply that under-educated about how more modern engines should be set. Engine runs like crap, it messes up the timing and metering actuators, and causes all kinds of power losses.

That was my thought. They were all pretty much 5in/lb so consistent at least, even the bad one I replaced. But the motor runs night and day different. And that could be the reason the front actuator went bad so quick then. Bad injector plus improper adjustment.

Next question. I may have located an inline 6 unit close by to buy. Does that system only run on Windows 7? Or will it run on my Windows 10 computer?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ - Grounded Pilot - 04-16-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.