CM871 poor power and fuel econ
08-01-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
(07-31-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  Man, my hats off to you guys here on the forum and Mr Rawze!! Finally got it headed in the right direction I believe. This thing runs so different! Everything is more smooth, acceleration feels much better and shifts seem easier(maybe in my head, maybe because the motor is less erratic). I did 6.7mpg (paper figures) from fill to fill on a 110 mile leg running north on I35 through Witchita, KS at about 59k lbs and 73/76 mph!! This thing has never averaged over 6mpg with any sort of load on it. Was getting 7.3mpg on the dash after getting up to speed up until I was exiting to hit the TS.

Thank you all for the help!!

Now all you have to do is learn to slow down and keep your foot out of it. 70+ mph with a class-8 truck is dangerous and wastes fuel like mad. It also beats the h$ell out of the truck over time, increasing all operating costs.

-- Learn to drive it and deliver your loads at 63 mph + limit boost to about 20-psi up the hills, and you will get into the mid-to-high 7's.. That is where the real money is at.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Grounded Pilot

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ - Rawze - 08-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.