CM871 poor power and fuel econ
08-01-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
(08-01-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  Now all you have to do is learn to slow down and keep your foot out of it. 70+ mph with a class-8 truck is dangerous and wastes fuel like mad. It also beats the h$ell out of the truck over time, increasing all operating costs.

-- Learn to drive it and deliver your loads at 63 mph + limit boost to about 20-psi up the hills, and you will get into the mid-to-high 7's.. That is where the real money is at.

Hey now!! Let’s not go talkin crazy!! Lol!! My name is grounded pilot because I was a crop duster pilot until I had heart surgery. I used to dodge trees, towers, wind turbines, power lines (most of those anyway….), and whatever else could be in my way at 10-15ft above ground level while running 150mph!! :) Also, I drove modified dirt track cars, have a ‘71 Chevy pickup drag racer, and just for good measure I have had a couple derby cars!! LOL!!

All that being said, I do normally run closer to 65 mph. This thing used to like 67 and 71.5mph best for fuel Econ. Needed to save some time yesterday so I was running the speed limits.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ - Grounded Pilot - 08-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.