CM871 poor power and fuel econ
09-21-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
(09-20-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  coolant system contaminant or additive?.

and why is the oil so black and nasty?. Looks like the whole engine is saturated with soot. - That is not normal either unless the EGR is active and no one is changing the oil often enough vs. its fuel economy.

I put new trans cooler lines and heater core lines on it last winter. Blew a line so figured I’d replace them while I was greasy. But I drained the coolant and refilled it with a 50/50 mix of the red final charge OAT coolant. Water filter was replaced after these photos. No telling really what was in the coolant prior to when we purchased it. We have figured out that it was a fleet truck so I’m betting it was getting the 50k between oil changes treatment. I’ve ran it for 100k miles and we change it every 12-15k with delvac. And I’ve been replacing half a gallon with 80/90. I haven’t put any oil additives (except 1 gallon of Lucas in the first oil change) in otherwise and have not put anything but the final charge pre mix in if I needed to add coolant.

As far as neglect goes, if this thing had a voice I’m sure it’d be screaming for help. But it’s revealed enough since I’ve been working on it to know it has had a rough life. She’s in rehab though!

Is there any oil additive that actually helps clean the internals out?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ - Grounded Pilot - 09-21-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.