M100 steering pump input shaft seal leaking
02-19-2022, (Subject: M100 steering pump input shaft seal leaking ) 
RE: M100 steering pump input shaft seal leaking
(02-18-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  Let me break down what I did because you got me scared now lol.First thing was to drain the oil out of it from the lower steering box hose.Then I disconnected the steering column lower yoke from the steering gear input shaft.The bearing cap cover came off next along with the washer that was right behind it and a flat bearing that I believe is the thrust bearing.Removed all the old seals and o ring from the cover and reinstalled the new ones.Put everything back together and filled up the reservoir.Next I jacked up the front end,started up the engine,and turned the steering wheel all the way to the left and right for about 10 minutes.Is there anything that I missed or that I should recheck because I definitely don’t want it locking up on me?

The critical part that I described in the earlier post is about dissasembling/re-assembling the main ball-screw / main cylinder that runs thru the middle of it. Your description does not imply that you took it apart that far.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
02-19-2022, (Subject: M100 steering pump input shaft seal leaking ) 
RE: M100 steering pump input shaft seal leaking
(02-19-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-18-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  Let me break down what I did because you got me scared now lol.First thing was to drain the oil out of it from the lower steering box hose.Then I disconnected the steering column lower yoke from the steering gear input shaft.The bearing cap cover came off next along with the washer that was right behind it and a flat bearing that I believe is the thrust bearing.Removed all the old seals and o ring from the cover and reinstalled the new ones.Put everything back together and filled up the reservoir.Next I jacked up the front end,started up the engine,and turned the steering wheel all the way to the left and right for about 10 minutes.Is there anything that I missed or that I should recheck because I definitely don’t want it locking up on me?

The critical part that I described in the earlier post is about dissasembling/re-assembling the main ball-screw / main cylinder that runs thru the middle of it. Your description does not imply that you took it apart that far.
Okay,that’s what I was thinking but wanted to make sure.Thanks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.