The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
08-26-2016, (Subject: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... ) 
RE: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
I just spoke to my buddy Pat, we lived and worked together in the oil fields in ND and MT... We drove junk, mine was a 1997 Freightliner, million + miles on her, his was not much better... We drove those trucks for two years solid, mine was down once, a pinion seal, I never lost any work, it was fixed that day... Old Detroit Series 60, 15 speed and mice living in the sleeper... The electrical wiring was so bad, the headlights barely worked, and I worked nights... But the damn truck ran, and that is all I cared about. This ProStar... Can't get a solid month out of her, after dumping $40,000 rebuilding the thing... Like I said, I have the CAC and air dryer left to replace... Now I am thinking I should just take it to the dealer and let them do it all and get the warranty... We have a good relationship, they have been very good to me, and yes, I have run the numbers.

Oh, we had 5 new DPF/SCR trucks, they never ran, Freightliners with DD13 motors... If you could get a solid weeks work out of them, you were lucky... Winter, the SCR DEF would freeze solid... They sat, would fix, and then return not fixed... We had to send these to Fargo ND from Montana... No one has a clue on these trucks in these dealerships. Trust me on that.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... - Waterloo - 08-26-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.