The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
08-28-2016, (Subject: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... ) 
RE: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
Thanks Rawze, I will do that. And I will inspect the cooler too... The steering gear box, do I drain that too? Is there a drain plug on it to evacuate the fluid? Or just flush by turning wheels and draining multiple times?

I honestly have never messed with these systems, first time I have ever had issues like this. And I have not filled the system with anything, I check it often, but this time around the fluid looks burnt, brown in color and kind of gritty looking, very dirty, but full. Steering is fading, very heavy in both directions and then comes back... No noise, and I try not to lock the wheels when maneuvering.

How about the cooler? I need to really give that a once over, the darn thing looked new when I was inspecting it. I need to look again. I might just throw a new one on along with the pump, fluid and new filter and do it right. Steering box seems to be operating properly, the u joints on the steering shaft are good, I just greased them myself the other day, they take and hold grease and are still in good working order. No play in the shaft or odd feelings out of the steering wheel other than the fading power steering.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... - Waterloo - 08-28-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.