The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
08-28-2016, (Subject: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... ) 
RE: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
Yes on the alternator, a regular Delco will do the trick, I do not require the high output one, thank GOD. A reman is $370 and a new one is $500 in my area... I'm springing for a new one with warranty.

The power steering, it is having issues when turning either direction and going straight down the road. It gets very heavy and then will go back to normal. The fluid was changed at the dealer a couple of months ago along with a new filter. They used power steering fluid, not Transmission fluid. The fluid is now burnt and looks gritty.

The main reason I was going with a new pump and lines is for the fact it is the original and has roughly 900,000 miles on it. I suspect that it is time, and feel more comfortable getting it out of the way before it really fails under a load, then I am looking at a possible tow bill, and that is not cheap around here, I know that first hand.

It looks pretty straight forward replacing the pump, it is just the flushing that I was concerned about.

Thank you for the reply.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... - Waterloo - 08-28-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.