Parked overnight now truck doesn’t start.
02-27-2022, (Subject: Parked overnight now truck doesn’t start. ) 
RE: Parked overnight now truck doesn’t start.
This is the only other ground I found which is right under the fuel filter.I took pulled the wires out and they looked good.Also sanded the block side and the nut that goes to it.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
02-27-2022, (Subject: Parked overnight now truck doesn’t start. ) 
That is good, but the main current carrying load for the starter is a set of dedicated heavy-duty ground and power cables that link directly between the batteries and starter. If the main ground wire(s) between the starter and batteries is weak or corroded somewhere internally .. or even has some excessive tarnish on the connections at all then the problem with the power steering hose getting hot when cranking will be a symptom of that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
02-28-2022, (Subject: Parked overnight now truck doesn’t start. ) 
My 2 cents. Check the wire end to terminal fittings. Corrosion or old bad fittings? 18 years is a long time for wires in an open environment. Unbolt the cable ends and hold the terminal end and the wire going to it and give it a slight twist. Should only do this where you can service your truck. Good luck.
replyreply
(02-27-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  I found this ground going from the block to the starter.I disconnected it on both sides and peeled back the cover on it a little bit and the wire looked good.Did the same to the ones on the starter and they were good as well.Sanded the block side and the bolt and nut that hold the wire to the block.Attached is a pic of it.

Some of this on those freshly cleaned up connections works wonders at keeping corrosion at bay. CRC 06026 Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor, 10 Wt Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AXYA0/ref...VADRWK5E29
replyreply
(02-28-2022 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Some of this on those freshly cleaned up connections works wonders at keeping corrosion at bay. CRC 06026 Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor, 10 Wt Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AXYA0/ref...VADRWK5E29

I use that stuff all over my truck to keep the corrosion and road salt/acid from eating it up every year. -- or when I work on stuffs that tends to want to corrode/rust.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.