Looking for a decent shop in the west coast for de-mandate.
02-27-2022, (Subject: Looking for a decent shop in the west coast for de-mandate. ) 
Looking for a decent shop in the west coast for de-mandate.
Hi everyone, I have a relatively simple question. Do you guys know of a shop in the west coast that will denamdate and tune my truck?

Long story short, truck is giving me emissions trouble, and I want all that garbage out.

I’ll be keeping my truck off road only :)
replyreply
02-28-2022, (Subject: Looking for a decent shop in the west coast for de-mandate. ) 
RE: Looking for a decent shop in the west coast for Delete.
The good news is you don't need to find a shop for that. Send a pm to runningrough here on the forum, he'll get you straightened out.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
02-28-2022, (Subject: Looking for a decent shop in the west coast for de-mandate. ) 
RE: Looking for a decent shop in the west coast for de-mandate.
(02-27-2022 )Bhendilun Wrote:  Hi everyone, I have a relatively simple question. Do you guys know of a shop in the west coast that will denamdate and tune my truck?

Long story short, truck is giving me emissions trouble, and I want all that garbage out.

I’ll be keeping my truck off road only :)

You put far too much faith in repair shops and "engine tuning" there bud...

More than 90%+ of all programs that I review annually are nothing but complete engine killing garbage. --- On the north American continent, I have only seen about 5 or so people that actually know something beyond the typical hack-n-slash engine destroying trash. The rest of everyone, including the biggest names in the trucking industry for that type of stuffs.. all they do is copy all off of each other, some horrible crap, and then proceed to ripp you off by charging thousands of $$$ for it too.

So my reply would be a solid "NO" .. there is not any shop on the west coast (or most of the rest of the country for that matter) that is worth a d$amn, nonetheless would be recommended on here .. because I refuse to promote anyone who does not do things 100% right, nor especially anyone who does not know exactly what they are doing, nonetheless could be trusted for that kind of work.

BAD delete programming is an absolute plague in the trucking industry.

Here is some reading for your education there: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1558

If ya really want that type of thing done then your actually far better off doing it for yourself if ya know how to use a laptop and have a datalink adapter that can be had off flea-bay for about $300 bucks or so.

That way your not at the mercy of some di$ckhead who ripped you off for a few thousand$$ and then ...

A) - you end up right back on my forum here in a year or 2 anyways, just like all the other bad deletes we seen here every year, but this time, your now starring at a blown head and crying to me, asking how to copy the garbage-can delete program out of your ecm so that I can tell you what went wrong.

..or...

B)- You are now at their mercy completely if your "custom program" ever gets lost or the ecm ever has to be replaced.. because they are now holding your truck hostage and asking for many thousands of $$ all over to flash or program it again due to you not thinking past the immediate future, which is quite frankly a set of bad choices as a truck owner.

- That is where your headed real fast by blindly assuming there are actually competent shops all across the country that can do that type of thing.. because they don't exist!!!.

your choices are...

(Best choice)...
If you are not a complete dummy with a computer (you know what a start menu is and can navigate your way around a spread-sheet, copy files, use e-mail, etc.), is to do the job yourself. it really is not hard to do and get right. Here is more detail on this ... of course, assuming that your truck does not have a bad delete in it already and is still factory programmed, so 'step-2' and 'step 3' in the post referenced below would not be necessary...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

- You now have something 100% correct, it cost you nothing but maybe a few hours of your time to walk yourself thru it, and also you now have the proper tools and files necessary to replace the ecm and have a copy of the program so that no one can hold your trucking business hostage if u ever need it again in the future.

After that, it is simply a matter of dealing with hollowing all the cans out 100% to the bare metal (or straight piping it), putting in a maintenance-free crank case filter, and installing a block-plate of decent quality (exhaust side) between the EGR cooler and the exhaust manifold. Many people do this for themselves as well.

Doing the programming yourself (and dealing with any hardware if necessary) would be the first choice.

Next option is to not deal with any of the programming part yourself and instead, get with forum members 'running rough' or 'RollinCoal' or possibly 'Mr. Hag' if u need help with it or want something done remotely.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-28-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  The good news is you don't need to find a shop for that. Send a pm to runningrough here on the forum, he'll get you straightened out.

Appreciate the heads up, I’ll be giving him a shout!
replyreply
(02-28-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
(Best choice)...
If you are not a complete dummy with a computer (you know what a start menu is and can navigate your way around a spread-sheet, copy files, use e-mail, etc.), is to do the job yourself.

Ima be honest with ya chief, I’m not exactly 100 percent confident with my computer skills. I would definitely need some remote help in that case. I appreciate the wealth of info!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.