2012 ISX 12L
02-28-2022, (Subject: 2012 ISX 12L ) 
2012 ISX 12L
Hello folks, I am a heavy equipment mechanic contractor. I am currently looking to replace my old service truck with a new to me used 2012 Pete. It has a 12 liter ISX in it. The price is right for todays market. But the engine has 25k hours and 490k miles. It’s priced fair enough I can do a in frame and still come out ahead. I already have a oil sample I am Waiting for the results. I have very little experience with the 12L ISX. Are there any concerns with this generation of engine other than ensuring the EGR stays in good working order?
replyreply
RE: 2012 ISX 12L
you did not even mention if the truck is properly spec'd for the work you intend for it. That is as important as anything else. For example, 500+k miles on a truck that is geared too tall for the weights its hauling = a million+ miles of accelerated wear on the engine due to over-working it and lugging it to an agonizing death. Not only that but the thing will struggle to get out of its own way when heavily loaded, and not be too good on fuel mileage vs. a decent driver who knows how to control their right foot and far better gearing.

What type of freight, what regions?. is it a mid-roof or high rise?, rear axle ratio?. etc.etc.. all of this is far more important than price and simply what engine it has.

As far as going thru one ... maybe this helps...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid52514

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: 2012 ISX 12L
I apologize for any confusion. This is a service truck. Its a 2012 Pete 365 with a single axle and 14' service body, 33k GVWR. It has a 12L ISX 425V in it. CPL 3438, with a Allison 6 speed auto. It will be replacing my 1997 Western Star with a CAT 3406. Mainly because the service body and crane on my old Western Star are just plain worn out. And I am wanting a smaller truck. I am fully prepared to preform a in frame like I mentioned above. I have been lurking and reading here for about a week, I just was simply asking if there was any known issues with this specific model ISX. Thank you and have a good day
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.