Prostar Body Controller
03-26-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
RE: Prostar Body Controller
(03-18-2022 )kenno2s Wrote:  Hi, Thank you $DVT873 for that I shall investigate it. I put in the new body controller and reset all DTCs and every thing seems to be going alright. I got a message in DLB that "vehicle configurations where waiting to be sent that were nearly 72 hours old". I pressed the program button and sent all history and data I could find. Have I not done something correctly? I have also put in a DAB radio and several rocker switches I never had time to get around to. I am in the process of tidying it all up today and tomorrow so I can start rolling on Monday. I got the USB drive from the Navistar guy and that is all I have received from any one. I am going to pursue the matter and believe me when I say, "They are going to rue the day they pissed me off". I shall keep you all posted. Thanks again.
Hope it works out for you. Did the Nav guy give you the USB? Nice of him if he did.
replyreply
05-08-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
Hi $DVT873 & Rawze, Well the ongoing saga has reached a point that deserves mention. I received the USB stick and it only had about 5% of data I didn't have already. Now I finally got the truck going after I diagnosed that the body controller was shot and brought a second hand one out of a cement tanker. I installed it and after a few days I got it where I wanted and am adjusting parameters in DLB occassionally. That was some 2 months ago now. I finally got word from Westrac (the local CAT dealer here in my state) and they have said that CAT and Navistar will give me no help what so ever unless I bring the truck in and they work on it. This is because I have worked on it and changed things in DLB and it is out of warranty. Well that was a smack in the face with a wet cold fish I thought. Now I told the Westrac manager who has been extremely helpful, that I probably am the most qualified to work on it in Australia and he agreed. So now I am in the process of drafting another e-mail to the head of Volkswagen and Navistar USA to give them a piece of my mind. I have 2 avenues left to me as you can probably guess and the media is the first one as the legal precedent or moral precedent has been set in the USA in 2019. I would have thought that CAT would have put in place contingencies for the same thing to happen here but there seems to be only 2 firms that have any knowledge in these trucks and one is in this state and the other is Victoria which is south of me. I worked and lived in Melbourne the capital of Victoria for 13 months in 2019 - 2020 trying to earn money to keep my truck as there was none here in Canberra where I live. So there you have it. CAT also has to buy DLB for me but they will only buy the version that I can view and clear fault codes and view parameters. I didn't think that was adequate as if there is a fault I need to fix it but they seem to think I need to pay them to waste time to fix it and I could fix it in half the time. The manager of Westrac agreed with me on this as each time I have taken my truck to them they have told me we don't know any thing about these trucks and that is where I am. So I have been shafted except for the Westrac manager. I have already contacted 2 hardcopy and on-line truck magazines and am waiting for a reply. I really would like to have this software you gave me the links for but I can't buy it as it has to be bought by a dealer. The reason for this is I still need to access Navistar's Db to download the original parameters of my truck body controller. Do you have any suggestions on how to obtain it? Once again thanks for all you help and advice. On one last note it seems I am the only person in Australia that knows of the AC fan motor resistor in line fuse made by Navistar to stop the excessive amperage in the circuit. How's that eh? The dealer I contacted didn't even know about it. Now I have 2. Talk to you soon.
replyreply
(05-08-2022 )kenno2s Wrote:  .. I really would like to have this software you gave me the links for but I can't buy it as it has to be bought by a dealer. The reason for this is I still need to access Navistar's Db to download the original parameters of my truck body controller. Do you have any suggestions on how to obtain it?

Rawze.com is NOT a software trading site!!!>.. keep asking those kinds of questions and you will get banned!. your post is about an inch away from being deleted.

maybe go find one of those crooked, trash-can auto-tuning sites .. the one's that have all the bad deletes garbage .. to go beg for free software.. that is what those people seem to do!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Hi Rawze, I didn't mean to software trade as $DVT873 gave me the links and I was simply asking how to get it without being a dealer as CAT has told me that is what I need to be.
replyreply
05-11-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
The link is a public access portal. You should be able to buy it right off of there unless there is some kind of export lock..IF that is the case there might be another way. I think this can be done but I have never needed to do it. A VPN should be able show your location as being in the US. Then the sale shoud go thru. The NAV site will give you a download link and a key. I do know that much is different outside the US.
replyreply
Thank heaps I do appreciate it. I am going to go full boar on this as it is wrong in so many ways. I have solved the EGR & air cooler issues only to be slapped in the face. I shall keep you updated.
replyreply
(05-11-2022 )kenno2s Wrote:  Thank heaps I do appreciate it. I am going to go full boar on this as it is wrong in so many ways. I have solved the EGR & air cooler issues only to be slapped in the face. I shall keep you updated.

are you sure that you simply just do not have a matching cab controller?... Different year models require different cab controllers... and different cab software ... even tho they often look the same.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-12-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
There are 3 generations of cab controllers. GEN I, GEN II, GEN IV. There is not a GEN III. They are not interchangeable. GEN I is beginning to about 2007, GEN II is 2007 until around 2014. If you have a green data link plug you have a GEN IV. In GEN IV there ARE two types and they look the same. The early GEN IV (early) has one J1939 running at 250k baud. Later GEN IV (late) runs two J1939s, one at 250k baud, one at 500k baud. Later GEN IV is backwards compatable. Best way to tell is look at how many twisted pairs come to the plug. Early GEN IV will be two pair. Later GEN IV will be 3 pair.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.