Prostar Body Controller
03-04-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
RE: Prostar Body Controller
This is kind of interesting. I cannot see the parts info or the service side where build date, component serial numbers abd othe stuff are. I get a "access not authorized" message. I have seen that before with miliatary VINs and VINs where the first sale was outside the US. aka export. I will find a US CAT truck and see what happens.

But when I went to DLB and did a history pull on the body computer all the ESC data came down. All 26 pages of it. Feature 0595AMZ BC PROG, PTO SHIFT for Customer Provided PTO, Mounted on dash, With Programmable Parameters for, Engagement, Disengagement, and Reengagement is on there.

So a CAT or NAV dealer with a legit DLB program should be able to see this info.
replyreply
03-05-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
You would think so but as IVECO are the dealers for International in Australia and those dealers are any one not a dedicated IVECO dealer. The reason I say this is because I rang SMT (Sydney Truck & Machinery) last week and explained every thing as I have to you guys and they said well you probably know more than us because we only do little changes in DLB and we have a cracked version like you because we can't afford $10,000.00 USD a year for subscription. This is why I say Navistar have left CATERPILLAR and IVECO out to dry because there is no support. Navistar gave CAT the bird (the middle finger of either hand or both hands) in 2015 when they said up yours to CAT and dissolved the partnership to build CAT Trucks in Australia. CAT realise this and are willing to help (I am told) but time will show the real picture. I really hope people State side know how dastardly (to put it politely) Navistar are. I mean it was cheaper to pull their engines (N13) out of trucks and put Cummins engines in them. It says a lot for an International engine doesn't it? Coupled with a $200M USD law suit they still are making heaps of money. I also hope VW goes through them with a big broom.
replyreply
03-05-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
I am going to explore what I thought was something 2 days ago. Non-Multiplexing trucks in the DLB. I shall keep you posted.
replyreply
03-07-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
Well I tried that yesterday but I was wrong. It still didn't work no matter what I did. Today I pulled the Body Controller & ABS controller and soaked all the connections in white vinegar mixed with salt & water for 15 minutes, then scrubbed them with an old tooth brush, then rinsed them again in the solution, then I soaked them in water & Bicarbonate of Soda and rinsed them in it and then blew them out with a cleaning air gun & my little compressor. They came up really good. I then cleaned the controllers connections and thought I will pull this Body Controller apart again. This time I took a really good look at it. Well it has been water damaged, you can see the path of the water and dirt. I am going to clean it with a PCB cleaner and brush, then repair a broken copper circuit and coat it in lacquer. I will then test the circuits and if it OK I will reinstall it and see how I go. The water damage had been there for some time and it looks as if it was a fair bit of water too. So that lovely Prostar sun visor centre bolt where I found the leak had been performing up to its standards.
replyreply
03-10-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
Well the Body Controller now wont speak to every thing so it is fried. I have purchased a second hand one and it is on its way.
replyreply
03-11-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
I was contacted by the person who looks after the Navistar interested here in Australia yesterday and he told me he could provide a couple of parts and documents on every thing I need. Not bad but as Tom Cruze said "Show me the money". I will keep trying.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-11-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
yeah, it sucks when you cannot get the right tools or info for a job.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-13-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
If the NAV minder for Austrailia doesn't come thru these are links to NAV Public tools site. Austrailia can be selected. Not sure where the $10,000 figure is coming from. One link is for a 1 year subscription the factory DLB. You do have to study a bit and pass a fairly easy test and then you will be able to make changes that will be saved on NAVs cloud. Since you have a cracked copy you probably don't need that.

The other link is for Service Info (SI) on a flash drive. Way more info on there than you probably need or want but all DLB info will be there and all engine service info including diagnostics. This drive is virtually the same as logging into NAVs service website. Only thing is it doesn't update but I doubt there will be any revisions coming that would affect your truck.

Again I am not sure where the $10,000 figure comes from UNLESS it includes essential tools which are a franchise requirement, at least state side.

https://navistarservice.snapon.com/Shopp...goryId=207

https://navistarservice.snapon.com/Shopp...Number=DLB
replyreply
03-18-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
Hi, Thank you $DVT873 for that I shall investigate it. I put in the new body controller and reset all DTCs and every thing seems to be going alright. I got a message in DLB that "vehicle configurations where waiting to be sent that were nearly 72 hours old". I pressed the program button and sent all history and data I could find. Have I not done something correctly? I have also put in a DAB radio and several rocker switches I never had time to get around to. I am in the process of tidying it all up today and tomorrow so I can start rolling on Monday. I got the USB drive from the Navistar guy and that is all I have received from any one. I am going to pursue the matter and believe me when I say, "They are going to rue the day they pissed me off". I shall keep you all posted. Thanks again.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.