Prostar Body Controller
03-01-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
RE: Prostar Body Controller
Thanks guys. Yes I know of the issues with this engine but I have actually fixed its problems. It turned out to be the plug for the DPF sensors (I changed the sensors twice), the AFI & DSI. I cleaned the EBPV and increased the inner diameter of the (for want of the right name) spark plug steel gasket just before the EBPV and it burns off all the time now on idle and driving. I also found the design of the EGR air coolers was not very well tested and have found the {after-market air coolers} will do the trick. But in the meantime I use XSNANO in the tanks which has helped greatly to regain some semblance of an affordable fuel consumption figure and helped clean the air coolers until I can afford to buy the {after-market coolers} ones (that is a job and half).

I agree with you RAWZE in regard to the cracked version. I haven't been sleeping very well and think about this all the time. So this morning I thought I might change that software and recheck the wiring. I am going to order the blower resistor harness today as well as my wiring is burnt where I soldered the connections that bolt to my Cole Hersee automatic reset circuit breakers (your post on that was great I do appreciate you all and love this forum). I have already checked the wiring as I had to spend $8,500.00 AUD on the transmission late last year as the auxiliary box at the back of the box needed to be fixed after I had changed every sensor, solenoid, XY shifter the year before, XY harness, cleaned all the connections and inserted dielectric grease, cleaned all the connections on the TECU and its fastening nuts & bolts and cleaned all the battery, outer firewall, inner firewall and Body Controller connections. See I am like you RAWZE. Any way I shall keep persisting with this truck as I can't afford to get out of it now as I am too far down the track financially. Apparently CAT here want to help but how I don't know yet.

Thank you all for your help and informative replies. I can't thank you enough.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prostar Body Controller - kenno2s - 03-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.