Things on my mind…
03-02-2022, (Subject: Things on my mind… ) 
Things on my mind…
Hello all, 2012 CM2250 866K 500hp factory. I know I am getting close to needing an inframe and would like to start pre-ordering parts because of the terrible availability as of late.

My question is: with the CPL as a guide, what can be ordered before tearing the motor down and what cannot? I would like to have everything at my house and ready to do the inframe, but it may be up to a year or so before I start tear down.

Also, is there anyone that could help with a parts list provided the CPL #? Maybe Mr. Hagg? I would be happy to compensate them for their time. And maybe even order the parts through them if they could be shipped to Oklahoma.

Thanks. JMBT

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
03-02-2022, (Subject: Things on my mind… ) 
RE: Things on my mind…
My advice...

Don't bother!.

#1 reason. You have no idea, nor anyone else on the planet can tell you what overhaul kit goes in it until the head comes off of it. Nor will you know until then what other internals will actually need replacing at that point.

#2 reason. By the time you put those parts in, there will be zero warranty on them and if there is any manufacturing flaws at all, you s$it out of luck!. That is too much of a risk for expensive components.

it is a complete waste of money to order the internals and/or the head for an ISX until you have had it apart and know exactly what you need .. and what exact parts it requires, as it is a complete crap-shoot as to what liners, bottom end bearings, etc. are in there until you tear into it.

if you are going to inframe yourself, ordering special tools and the like are a better investment.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , JMBT , PuroCumminsPower
03-03-2022, (Subject: Things on my mind… ) 
Thanks Rawze. I am just worried about tearing down and not being able to get the parts. Have you heard anything recently on availability of parts? Heads and such? Are people able to get what they need?

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(03-03-2022 )JMBT Wrote:  Thanks Rawze. I am just worried about tearing down and not being able to get the parts. Have you heard anything recently on availability of parts? Heads and such? Are people able to get what they need?

I have been regularly asking Mr. Hags shop about any recent parts availability issues. They say that it is not unusual to have to sometimes track down certain things that are in high demand, a little more-so than normal, but they have had no big issues beyond a few extra days of delays due to this on the majority of stuffs for the most part.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Rawze: Thank you for the info. That sounds a lot more promising then what I had imagined.

replyreply
03-04-2022, (Subject: Things on my mind… ) 
Coast states have ok inventory in Midwest is where parts get hairy as these lazy ass dealers and even Cummins are only keeping 1 or 2 overhaul kits in stock

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.