driveline on 2013 freightliner
03-04-2022, (Subject: driveline on 2013 freightliner ) 
driveline on 2013 freightliner
having driveline issues. just had 3 yokes and 3 u joints shatter. about a week prior to this had rearend replaced. could wrong gear ratio in this replacement have caused this?
replyreply
03-05-2022, (Subject: driveline on 2013 freightliner ) 
RE: driveline on 2013 freightliner
Usually wrong ratio tears the axles apart and will jump and skip when trying to drive but if those pieces were the week point in the system I spose that could do that...

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
This is the 1st time in over 20 years I've heard of this many points shattering. Do you have any pictures?

Something doesn't add up for 3 points to all "shatter"

Once the 1st point fails the stress is instantly relieved from the rest. It is common for a rear to fail or be binded for whatever reason (including mismatched ratios, though very rare and caught very fast) and cause a u joint to come apart. But 3 u joints and yokes is cataclysmic failure.

Like some one had the truck stationary off the ground, ran it up to full speed and dropped it back to earth type of event.
replyreply
I think he means the same one failed 3 times in a short span ???

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
03-06-2022, (Subject: driveline on 2013 freightliner ) 
(03-04-2022 )rooster53 Wrote:  having driveline issues. just had 3 yokes and 3 u joints shatter. about a week prior to this had rearend replaced. could wrong gear ratio in this replacement have caused this?

That could be easily cause by an input or output shaft somewhere that has gotten slightly bent. Any time there is a drive-line/u-joint failure and the drive shaft hits the frame real hard, This can happen. Chocking the wheels, Jacking up the rear so that the tires can spin freely (and doing it in a safe manner)... and then putting it in gear .. checking for any of the input or output shafts for a slight "stir" to them it while rotating will usually reveal a bend shaft that might be causing repeated u-joint and other failures.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
no all of them failed at same time. we noticed Jack shaft first, was taking it off and saw main driveshaft h
broken off tranny and front diff.
replyreply
(03-06-2022 )rooster53 Wrote:  no all of them failed at same time. we noticed Jack shaft first, was taking it off and saw main driveshaft h
broken off tranny and front diff.

This thing has to be shaking the teeth out of your head.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
03-07-2022, (Subject: driveline on 2013 freightliner ) 
ran fine, was parked overnight, pulled forward15 ft.sat for 10 minutes. backed up and heard a loud bang.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g28prmbwgj8r8...V4Vga?dl=0
replyreply
03-07-2022, (Subject: driveline on 2013 freightliner ) 
That is impressive. Only plausible scenario I can think of... U-joints not greased, run hot, cold night caused condensation to pull in and seized them. Pulled forward, twisted them, reverse - snap, just like when you twist a bolt going in, and it breaks trying the other direction. But all of them? Now that's lottery ticket odds.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.