driveline on 2013 freightliner
03-08-2022, (Subject: driveline on 2013 freightliner ) 
RE: driveline on 2013 freightliner
(03-07-2022 )Papa_Buck Wrote:  I have seen something similar but not that severe. The driver and truck I saw had just replaced only 4 of his drive tires and left the back 4 almost bald. Even when everybody told him bad stuff would happen. He made it around 2 corners and broke a U-joint.

You wouldn't have just bought half a set of tires did you?

In your description you said "a" u joint. The OP snapped 3 and 1 yoke all at the same time. I'm still in awe that this could happen without on of the most violent driveline jarring events occurring. Someone has to be hiding one hell of a story of how 3 let loose simultaneously. Or there were 3 absolutely junk very brittle U joints installed. Something is very off with these u joints.

The fact that the exhaust and air tanks and air lines are all still intact and not completely wiped out from under the truck means this happened while stopped. So ya, junk cheap under rated u joints and a VERY violent attempt to get the truck moving is my guess.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: driveline on 2013 freightliner - Chamberpains - 03-08-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.