Turn key, no start
03-06-2022, (Subject: Turn key, no start ) 
RE: Turn key, no start
The main hi-current starter relay for the starter (that one that carries all the hundreds(thousands) of amps is part of the the starter itself. It is triggered via smaller relays, etc.. and you should be using the wiring diagram to see what is not getting energized, hence, finding/tracking down where your trouble is.

Also, the wiring diagrams for prostars is free....
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid68237

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , hookliftpete
There is another relay behind the speedo/tach cluster that the start signal has to go through from the CECU to the starter. It is for overcrank protection and the security system if so equipped. There is a jumper relay you can order from Paccar (XC-JMPR) to bypass it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
(03-06-2022 )Moose Wrote:  There is another relay behind the speedo/tach cluster that the start signal has to go through from the CECU to the starter. It is for overcrank protection and the security system if so equipped. There is a jumper relay you can order from Paccar (XC-JMPR) to bypass it.

Thanks, I’m aware of that. But none of those relays were labeled anything like that. I pulled them all out, and it still started.
replyreply
03-08-2022, (Subject: Turn key, no start ) 
That fuse panel appears to be on the drivers side by the engine. There should be a fuse box on the passenger side right beside the hood latch receptacle...maybe they did away with that fuse box in 2010?

Mine looks like this.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mrkentee
03-16-2022, (Subject: Turn key, no start ) 
(03-08-2022 )Nilao Wrote:  That fuse panel appears to be on the drivers side by the engine. There should be a fuse box on the passenger side right beside the hood latch receptacle...maybe they did away with that fuse box in 2010?

Mine looks like this.

Thanks. A lot of them had that. Some didn’t. Mine doesn’t have that.
replyreply
03-28-2022, (Subject: Turn key, no start ) 
Evidently what I was calling a solenoid on the starter is what they call a relay. It’s a small, basically a solenoid which sends power to the main solenoid. I replaced all the battery cables, repaired the wire on the other starter which is less than a year old and put it back in. Starts like a new truck now.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.