CM871 black oily moisture from/under exhaust manifold
03-14-2022, (Subject: CM871 black oily moisture from/under exhaust manifold ) 
CM871 black oily moisture from/under exhaust manifold
Hi guys, seek help here. I have 2010 Kenworth w900 heavy haul with de-mandate CM871 cummins, recently overhauled from previous owner with about 100,000 miles on overhaul. Some blowby fumes coming from oil cap. I drive per boost/pyro gauges only, never overheat or more than 20-25 boost. Around 55 mph. I have egr coolant bypass installed recently. So couple weeks ago found black oily moisture coming around exhaust manifold area. Manifold kind of bs from bpi etc, will change it soon. Do you know what is it? Do I need to start to worry about? Uploaded pictures.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
03-15-2022, (Subject: CM871 black oily moisture from/under exhaust manifold ) 
RE: CM871 black oily moisture from/under exhaust manifold
looks to me like your problems are far bigger than an oil seepage problem.

Looks like a non-vg turbo .. indicating that it is also almost guaranteed that its an engine killing, bad de-mandate program too.

also.. where is the EGR cooler?.. I don't see it in behind the turbo. Has it been removed as well?.

copy the file out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review.

start getting the components together for putting the VG back onto it.. and undo the tom-buggery hack-job de-mandate that some idiot did to that engine.

=======

as far as the oil leak goes.. it looks maybe that the oil is seeping out from under the manifold gasket? .. hard to tell. Only way to know is to pull the manifold off and see if the exhaust valves are getting wet.

There are also oil drain passages in the corner of the block.. so if someone did not clean the block up well enough... or did not apply any anaerobic sealant in those areas if the passages were pitted .. then it could be seeping from there. Who knows.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I was getting something similar, but it was coming from the pipe that goes around the back of the engine. It turn out to be condistion
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(03-15-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  looks to me like your problems are far bigger than an oil seepage problem.

Looks like a non-vg turbo .. indicating that it is also almost guaranteed that its an engine killing, bad de-mandate program too.

also.. where is the EGR cooler?.. I don't see it in behind the turbo. Has it been removed as well?.

copy the file out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review.

start getting the components together for putting the VG back onto it.. and undo the tom-buggery hack-job de-mandate that some idiot did to that engine.

=======

as far as the oil leak goes.. it looks maybe that the oil is seeping out from under the manifold gasket? .. hard to tell. Only way to know is to pull the manifold off and see if the exhaust valves are getting wet.

There are also oil drain passages in the corner of the block.. so if someone did not clean the block up well enough... or did not apply any anaerobic sealant in those areas if the passages were pitted .. then it could be seeping from there. Who knows.

Thanks, my “insite” waiting me home, so will send the copy of my ECM next week. Also will buy original cummins manifold and vgt turbo asap! Driving now like I have sand in my engine. Hopefully I didn’t do big damage already..

Here’s an egr bypass I installed. Attached pic as an example.

The leak is coming exactly from manifold so the exhaust valves are wet. However, I or my mechanic will try to take off manifold to see.

So here’s my thoughts on preventable ideas I can do now. What do you think?? Do you think I can do something more to resolve my issue? Very appreciate!

1) Install new exhaust valve seals
2) Install new injector where it’s leaking
3) Check by insite
4) Cylinder cut out test.

I actually started filling small engine vibration so might be one cylinder have issue (hopefully not).

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.