2010 8.3 cummins problems
03-17-2022, (Subject: 2010 8.3 cummins problems ) 
RE: 2010 8.3 cummins problems
Take your time pulling it out, flat blade screw driver and a drink will be your friend, since its prob never been out before.
replyreply
so i would like to thank everyone for the help-i been working on truck today-i have all the sensors ordered imap-exhaust pressure-egr differential pressure sensor-egr temp sensor and plan on cleaning egr valve like rawze suggested-but i wanted to pull imap sensor to see how bad it was-so i pulled egr valve to have a look inside it to-the tubing and valve looked very clean-i pulled imap sensor and it was loaded with soot-i cleaned it and put everything back on. drove the truck and still had turbo-chuffing or cough-i remember seeing that some trucks-you can unplug the erg temp sensor and it would close egr valve. i did - drove the truck and the turbo cough or chuffing went away. does this mean a bad or dirty egr valve or is there something else i need to be looking at-too-i do plan to do erg tune up-but i also would like to know what excatly fixes the truck. thanks
replyreply
(03-17-2022 )towman1 Wrote:  so i would like to thank everyone for the help-i been working on truck today-i have all the sensors ordered imap-exhaust pressure-egr differential pressure sensor-egr temp sensor and plan on cleaning egr valve like rawze suggested-but i wanted to pull imap sensor to see how bad it was-so i pulled egr valve to have a look inside it to-the tubing and valve looked very clean-i pulled imap sensor and it was loaded with soot-i cleaned it and put everything back on. drove the truck and still had turbo-chuffing or cough-i remember seeing that some trucks-you can unplug the erg temp sensor and it would close egr valve. i did - drove the truck and the turbo cough or chuffing went away. does this mean a bad or dirty egr valve or is there something else i need to be looking at-too-i do plan to do erg tune up-but i also would like to know what excatly fixes the truck. thanks

It could also be a sooted-up EGR cooler itself. That is not unusual to cause turbo coughing too.

On its most basic level, why they do this is that the engine (thru its various sensors) is not seeing the egr flow that it wants into the intake, and it keeps pushing the turbo harder and harder to get it. Leaks, intake, exhaust, or EGR piping restrictions, poorly-reading sensors, or a combination of those things is what usually causes it.

The engine did not have that issue when it was low mileage, and everything was squeaky-clean, there were no blocked-up filters, and it could read and sense everything properly. There also were no "air" related leaks in any of the piping or CAC etc... and the EGR valve was not sticky.

People seem to think that these ecm-controlled engines have programming that can tell you what is wrong with regards to these types of issue ... but in all reality they are pretty damn$m dumb.. and are completely unable to detect a lot of problems like this. This is exactly why the OEM certified network of idiots cannot fix these issues either. They are not trained at all, nor care about taking things apart to clean them all out and do general tune-up type of work.. they only replace expensive parts blindly until the problem goes away. Common sense is out to lunch (for both them and the truck owner) when someone takes their truck to the stealer#shi#t to have egr and emissions problems fixed. - It is almost always a total waste of moneys compared to some simple TLC, cleaning things up, replacing old sensors, and tackling the basics yourself... I.E.> grabbing a wrench.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Wildcard , JimT
03-19-2022, (Subject: 2010 8.3 cummins problems ) 
But Rawze, surely the EPA's brilliant plan to increase engine/emissions system warranties will result in more reliable and longer lasting systems that pollute less and don't encourage the truck owner to find other solutions to their problems. So glad we have the government to come up with these brilliant solutions.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
03-26-2022, (Subject: 2010 8.3 cummins problems ) 
A little late to this post but match part #'s on your new sensors to your old senors. A couple of them have the same connectors and threads but are not the same sensors. Put the wrong sensor in the wrong location and it won't be right. Have seen this a few times on the ISB's. Parts people don't always hand out the correct parts.

Over the years I have become very suspicious of EGR valves. Time as much as miles and hours screws them up. I mostly see NAV and Cummins medium duty engines. They are supposed to report their position to the ECM and set a code if they are out of position. But often they don't. Usually tied to a power complaint or DPF sooting up to fast.

Don't know if your engine has an EGRDP sensor but if it does those passages need cleaned. That is probably covered in the links or is under Rawzes EGR tune up series.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.