2350 differential pressure severe
03-17-2022, (Subject: 2350 differential pressure severe ) 
2350 differential pressure severe
Hey guys new to forum. I own 2 matching 2016 western star 4900 trucks with 2350 motors, the one I just got has a code for dpf differential pressure severe level. Stop engine light was on, we reset after treatment maintenance, and did a manual regen but it would never get up to temperature.
Limited info I know, but I will spend Saturday trouble shooting if anyone could help where to start . The actuator on the turbo is moving freely. But I do know before I purchased truck the turbo was swapped off of another truck. ( vgt calibration needed maybe ?)

My other truck as soon as you start it you can hear the turbo spool up but this one you can not hear that. Idk if that’s a indication of anything. Thanks for the help in advanced. I would also like to look into demandating both trucks as well. But getting it running right first would be nice.
replyreply
RE: 2350 differential pressure severe
Could be wore out doc if it wont get up to temp, likely the dpf is full and may need to be replaced. Should replace dpf differential preesure sensor while at it. Resetting the aftertreatment maint counter is only for after replacing or dealer cleaning of dpf and doc.
replyreply
The only reason it was reset was it wouldn’t do a regen. After resetting we were able to at least get it to regen. Or try to . If that’s the case. I would rather just do away with it , if someone would pm me or suggest someone that can tune. I don’t wanna get the wrong person and screw this thing up. Thanks
replyreply
the DPF does not make the soot.. the engine does. Start by doing a full EGR-tune-up on it ..
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7&pid=9#pid9

followed by a rail leak test ...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid69262

followed by an overhead valve adjustment and anything else it needs for its age.

Also do a CAC and air/boost leak tests on the engine.

THE ENGINE is what gets into dire straights long before any of those pesky DPF issues start to set in.

As far as it requiring parked regens.. if it is at that stage.. it is too late. That thing cannot clean those filters like new again no matter what you do. Remove the DOC and DPF.. take pics of their faces to see what is on them and post them on here for some opinions as to why they are clogged up. After that, take them to a certified stealers$it and have them baked, de-ashed, and flow tested. -- Only after you do all of this to them should you do a "Maintenance reset" in insite... and of course, after re-installing them, you need to do this.

anything less and your just chasing your tail on it over and over.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Okay thanks I will report back after we do the mentioned things . Again thanks . Also if you guys have any suggestions for tuning let me know please.
replyreply
(03-17-2022 )Cummins92 Wrote:  ... if you guys have any suggestions for tuning let me know please.

maybe this post helps ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid70541

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Sorry for being the new guy asking the same questions that have been asked. I just really want these trucks to last , one has 155k and the one I’m having problems with has 170k .
replyreply
03-18-2022, (Subject: 2350 differential pressure severe ) 
(03-17-2022 )Cummins92 Wrote:  Sorry for being the new guy asking the same questions that have been asked. I just really want these trucks to last , one has 155k and the one I’m having problems with has 170k .

That's very low mileage to be having these kinds of problems. Do these trucks idle all day long?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
03-18-2022, (Subject: 2350 differential pressure severe ) 
Gravel trucks and then a tractor hauling coal. Then now back to dump .
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.