Cm870 feels like it lacks power
03-19-2022, (Subject: Cm870 feels like it lacks power ) 
RE: Cm870 feels like it lacks power
(03-19-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-19-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  
(03-18-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  Also, how much boost does it make in a hard pull?.. and how many mg/stroke of fuel flow does Insite say that it is giving it?.

Do I check the mg of fuel at idle?
you say "it feels weak".. not at idle... when its pulling at 100% throttle and your climbing a hill

... and when "its feeling weak"...

How much boost does it get up to in a sustained 100% throttle pull up a long hill?

How many mg/stroke does Insite say it is giving it while it is doing this as well?.

What are the specs of the engine?.. Power/torque, etc?.

Without answering those basic questions.. you are going to get nowhere with statements like "it feels weak", because you have no idea if it IS ACTUALLY TRYING TO MAKE ITS INTENDED POWER/TORQUE!.

A). After that, if it is actually giving it the proper boost and fueling quantities ... Then it is time to put it on a dyno to see if it matches.... and stop guessing at it.

or..

B).If it is NOT giving it the proper quantities of fuel and air... then you need to troubleshoot WHY it is not doing so.

it is not rocket science.. but you can guess at problems like this until your blu in the face.. and it would be no less than trying to guess the weight of a cow and having no intention of ever putting it on a scale to find out.

The cow analogy made me laugh.I’ll report back as soon as I have those numbers.For now all I have is that it’s a factory 530HP.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm870 feels like it lacks power - Redland1 - 03-19-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.