CM2350 Air compressor install
03-18-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Air compressor install ) 
CM2350 Air compressor install
Greetings all. I am a new member and this is my first post. I have been reading these threads for years though and have learned quite a bit. So it looks like I'm going to have to replace my air compressor and I have two questions.
1-do I have to drain all of the coolant And if not how many gallons do you think I need to drain?
2-does the CM2350 engine require setting timing?
Truck is a 2015 international ProStar with CM2350 ISX engine. Thanks in advance.
replyreply
03-18-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Air compressor install ) 
RE: CM2350 Air compressor install
- If you do not time the air compressor then it will be more noisy... but as far as I have gathered it is not absolutely necessary... though it does contribute slightly towards engine balancing.

here is a video on air compressor timing...

- Yes, you have to drain the coolant, as there are coolant lines running into the head of the compressor. This means that you need to leave it a gallon shy (when re-filling it) and pull a hard vacuum on the coolant system (I usually do this a couple times ... relieving it, then again) to ensure there is no air trapped around the liners, which otherwise would cause severe harm to the engine if you tried to operate the engine under any kind of high operating loads the first hundred miles or so after re-filling it.

One way to tell if you have all the air out is to measure where the coolant is at on the resivor.. drain it (catching all of it and not spilling any) .. then when your work is finished, start re-filling it back with the the exact amount of coolant that you drained it by .. and see if it is in the same place on the resivior. What you will usually find is that the last gallon or so does not want to go back in without pulling a vacuum on the system to burp it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
03-19-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Air compressor install ) 
Thank you for the info I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have access to a way to pull a vacuum or even access to a shop compressor . Is there a way that I can go to a hardware store and find something to screw and plug those lines while replacing the compressor?
replyreply
03-19-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Air compressor install ) 
(03-19-2022 )DPS567180 Wrote:  Thank you for the info I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have access to a way to pull a vacuum or even access to a shop compressor . Is there a way that I can go to a hardware store and find something to screw and plug those lines while replacing the compressor?

u can get a vacuum pump at harbor freight or some other place.
ref: https://www.harborfreight.com/25-cfm-vac...61245.html

and radiator adapter similar to this one:
https://amzn.to/3N3YKZh

Make up a piece of hose to adapt to it and go at it... just make sure you do not let the coolant get into the vacuum pump by watching the resivor level on the truck, or you will have to replace the oil in the vacuum pump.

This is all I ever use when I am helping someone, and it is very effective.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-22-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Air compressor install ) 
Thank you so much I really do appreciate that info. All the tools and things I need should be arriving by the end of the week. Also should I replace the outlet hose as well? There is oil leaking at the compressor connection
replyreply
03-23-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Air compressor install ) 
(03-22-2022 )DPS567180 Wrote:  Thank you so much I really do appreciate that info. All the tools and things I need should be arriving by the end of the week. Also should I replace the outlet hose as well? There is oil leaking at the compressor connection

Just an FYI:
If oil is getting into your air system then it will eventually cause all of the plastic air lines, plastic connectors, plastic valves and relays, and o-rings to harden and become brittle / get leaky.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.