Bubbles on dipstick
03-26-2022, (Subject: Bubbles on dipstick ) 
Bubbles on dipstick
   Can not find any gl-4 gear oil so I used gl-5.
After running for a few minutes, shut it down.
Waited a little bit and pulled the stick. Found bubbles on it. Anything to be concerned about? Could it have to do with the gl-5 gear oil?
Thanks
replyreply
RE: Bubbles on dipstick
Super-teh gl-5 from walmart has never caused one to have air bubbles in the oil.

bubbles in the oil system is a serious concern though. Maybe a leaking o-ring on the pick-up tube for the oil pump?. Maybe air trapped in the system after an oil change>?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
(03-26-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  Super-teh gl-5 from walmart has never caused one to have air bubbles in the oil.

bubbles in the oil system is a serious concern though. Maybe a leaking o-ring on the pick-up tube for the oil pump?. Maybe air trapped in the system after an oil change>?

The oil came from Tractor Supply. The o-ring was replaced about a year ago along with the oil pan. I’ll keep a close eye on it.
I should’ve mentioned that I changed the oil the day before, and didn’t start it until the next day, because the battery cables were out.
replyreply
03-28-2022, (Subject: Bubbles on dipstick ) 
After driving it’s fine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.