Isx oil prime
03-27-2022, (Subject: Isx oil prime ) 
Isx oil prime
What is needed to prime the oil system
On a cm570 through the oil cooler
replyreply
RE: Isx oil prime
Just once or to set up a primer system for frequent use?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jchism3406
If you are referring to priming it after an in-frame or rod/main bearing replacement ...

here is an older video where i used a 12-volt pump to do it on my own truck. Starts at about 1:50 minutes into the video ...

I use a 120-volt pump nowadays and a bit better method ...

When I am helping someone here, I use this one to prime the engine after a rebuild or replacing rod/main bearings...

https://amzn.to/3uzy22m

I made an adapter for it that fits into the large oil pressure relief valve plug just above the oil filter (to get a better volume of oil flowing thru the engine).

I remove the oil-pan drain plug, I also remove relief valve the plug, and the guts of the relief valve. Then I connect up the pump to the large opening of the relief valve plug. I use a catch pan under the oil pan and pump the oil in. It circulates thru the engine and back down into the catch pan. I let it circulate for a good 10 minutes or so, flushing and lubricating the engine any time major work is done where the engine might have a chance possible to dry-start.

I also bar the engine over by hand while doing this.

That is just how I do it any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Jchism3406
Yes just once after over haul thank you
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.