Coolant Surge Tank
04-03-2022, (Subject: Coolant Surge Tank ) 
RE: Coolant Surge Tank
(04-02-2022 )kozakvod Wrote:  Common logic says, put more coolant in it to bring the level even across the tank. I've done and done that and it will only accept coolant up the the neck of the fill port, I can't force it into the right section of that tank.

As I said, it has evened out more so into that right side over the past few days, but it still will not simply come up as my old one did when adding coolant.

thats an odd picture you posted, in those reserviors the left rear quadrant ( where the pressure relief cap is) is the surge tank area and the other 3 quadrants ( Left front/right front/right rear-where the fill neck is are the reservior area. during normal engine operating the reservior area stays full and very little coolant will expand over into the surge tank area.After the engine cools it sucks that coolant back out of the surge area and into the reservior area. Your picture shows something else entirely. I suggest you check out that reservior closely as you refill it. check the seal on the pressure relief cap .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

Messages In This Thread
Coolant Surge Tank - kozakvod - 04-02-2022,
RE: Coolant Surge Tank - Agentspd - 04-03-2022
RE: Coolant Surge Tank - Rawze - 04-03-2022,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.