2011 ISX loosing oil pressure
04-04-2022, (Subject: 2011 ISX loosing oil pressure ) 
2011 ISX loosing oil pressure
HELLO, I have a 2011 ISX with around 600,000 miles on a major..I haven't had any problem until recently with my oil pressure..I start out fine with pressure at 40-41 but within an hour of driving it starts to drop and continues to drop down so low I get a check engine and stop engine light..I pull over let the oil cool down and I'm good for awhile again but same problem occurs..my oil temp climbs to 230 and stays there and my H2O is at 185..I just put a new oil pump and mains and rods in but the problem still remains..oil thermostat was replaced 6 months ago when they replaced the front cover gasket..any help would be appreciated..thank you.
replyreply
RE: 2011 ISX loosing oil pressure
How old and what brand is oil filter? 230 isn't bad for oil temp. However, what did you use for oil last time? I been seeing lately guys swoping over to the 10/30 oil and Iwill say for me thats to thin. Maybe get oil changed ASAP and see if it helps. Could be oil filter clogging up. Are we still running DPF? there is so many factors could be causing this but I would not keep driving until I knew. Also if a piston cooling nozzle has blown off it will cause it to when hot.... But Id be changing oil just to know if its still doing it need to tare engine down and see whats going on....
replyreply
It has a new filter and oil ..mobil/ delvac 15w 40..fleet guard filter..still has all the dpf system in place and functional nothing deleted
replyreply
Replace the oil filter and see if the problem clears up. If so then that is an indication that the engine is likely creating excess soot, then carbon packing and clogging up oil filters too often.

How often do you do an oil change?.. and what is your typical fuel mileage?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Change oil every 12000 miles. average 6.3 mpg
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.