Hey guys please help been stuck for a week with this issue
06-29-2022, (Subject: Hey guys please help been stuck for a week with this issue ) 
RE: Hey guys please help been stuck for a week with this issue
(04-13-2022 )09Pete386 Wrote:  So I got back to my truck started it up and let it run until it turned off on its own again, then went on doing what Rawze said to smack on top of the Ecm, and it shuts the pump off, I let it sit for a few minutes started up the truck and smacked the Ecm again and truck turned off again, so then assuming it’s the Ecm now, where can I buy an Ecm that wasn’t remaned?
Did you solve your problem?
If yes what was the cause?
replyreply
06-29-2022, (Subject: Hey guys please help been stuck for a week with this issue ) 
I believe it was a bad ECM. Very common issue on an isx ECM that's 7- 8 years old or older.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(06-29-2022 )alborz Wrote:  
(04-13-2022 )09Pete386 Wrote:  So I got back to my truck started it up and let it run until it turned off on its own again, then went on doing what Rawze said to smack on top of the Ecm, and it shuts the pump off, I let it sit for a few minutes started up the truck and smacked the Ecm again and truck turned off again, so then assuming it’s the Ecm now, where can I buy an Ecm that wasn’t remaned?
Did you solve your problem?
If yes what was the cause?
Cummins
Customer of mine needs 1 for his 871 they told him like $2400
replyreply
07-01-2022, (Subject: Hey guys please help been stuck for a week with this issue ) 
I had a very similar issue, it turned out to be a fuse in the fuse box . The connectors were not making proper contact. ( 2008 9900 international).
I am not saying its not your ecm . In your case that sounds like the issue . Just letting other people know on what to check .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-26-2022, (Subject: Hey guys please help been stuck for a week with this issue ) 
Has anyone had any luck with (go ecm)? I purchased a reman exchange ecm for the 871 part# 3684275 it lasted all of three days before the first instance of not starting now completely dead! won't power up, will not communicate with in insite. Now I need to know if I should send it back for warranty or send it to someone else, a new one isn't really an option I checked the dealer 40 plus days lead time. Before the questions come it was programed by an admin: the wake up signal from the key is at the appropriate pin and the appropriate voltage, grounds, power cables, fuses everything is good i even added an extra fresh #2 from the block to the batteries.
replyreply
11-26-2022, (Subject: Hey guys please help been stuck for a week with this issue ) 
(11-26-2022 )Silberstrom Wrote:  ...
Before the questions come it was programed by an admin

I am the only Admin on this forum.. and I did not program your ecm that I can see.

If the programming is in question at all then e-mailed that program to me for a proper review, or have the person who made it send it to me if need be.

However, 1117 faults are not usually programming issues. It is either a bad ecm, and/or bad wiring making it reset without the key-switch being cycled and/or a faulty electrical system causing power surging somewhere.

If it is shutting off randomly them smack the top of it.. if it shuts down or stutters when smacking it.. then it is a bad ecm. CM871 ecm's are notorious for this issue when they get old.

Also.. if your buying non-certified ECM's,... that I can tell you right now that you can purchase 10 of them and only maybe 1 or 2 would be any damn good... bad CM871 ecm's are a plague among those people who 'repair and sell' them. The electronics in them are only considered reliable for 8 years and after that it is a crap-shoot, especially if someone is repairing it.

I can't tell you how many people that I have met who tried to buy 'repaired/refurbished ecm's' form non-oem facilities only to go thru 3 or 4 and get sick of it before they finally purchased one from an OEM.

OEM certified remans: - It is not cost effective at all for the red engine maker to do board-level repairs on an ECM or other related type of electronics. They simply replace the entire circuit board with a new one. As far as I have ever seen, they even do this with turbo actuators, and all of the other things with a circuit board in them.

Those boards are manufactured at their own partnership facilities (usually in china) for pennies on the dollar and there is no cost effective benefit to pay a labor force to repair them on a component level at all.

That is why when you get a certified reman ecm, the outer frame looks used and usually worn.. but the connectors are all brand stinking new. They do not replace the connectors or any other components individually. They replace the whole damn board at once because it only costs them wholesale, a couple hundred bucks instead of having to pay a labor force for some fool to figure out what is wrong with the old one. They also already know that trying to revive parts that are usually more than 8+ years old by the time they went bad is an unreliable repair any ways.. so they don't bother.

Call around until you find a certified OEM ecm.. make them bench flash it for your truck so that you can just install it and go. Have this done BEFORE picking it up, so that you can just hang it onto the side of your engine, run the engine a bit, and test everything out + troubleshoot your power/fault issues. This BEFORE having anyone touch it to de-mandate it.

Solve its problems first.

Then once those problems are resolved.. do you find someone who is recommended on this forum to help you get it flashed with a properly reviewed de-mandate program if that is what is needed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
Sorry rawze it's been a while since I have been around the forum thought there was more than one admin. The programming source is a trusted mutual friend down the road from you. @m*m^2 is the current program, has been for a long time. The original ecm was obviously bad after I replaced it. Honestly it surprised me that the reman took a shi#t so fast. Unfortunately at this point all I can do is send it back until I can get an oem. Thanks for the information.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-27-2022, (Subject: Hey guys please help been stuck for a week with this issue ) 
The last reman ecm I bought from cummins couple months ago for the 871 actually had an updated housing
They changed the upper edge and added like a rounded edge to the top
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.