CM871 valve steam seals or rings?
04-06-2022, (Subject: CM871 valve steam seals or rings? ) 
CM871 valve steam seals or rings?
Hey guys, currently installing new vgt turbo and found out this. Looks like to me is bad valve seals? Or might be rings? What do you think?

Cm 871, 2010 Kenworth w9. With bad de mandate which I currently reverse back half arss stupid tuners..

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
04-06-2022, (Subject: CM871 valve steam seals or rings? ) 
RE: CM871 valve steam seals or rings?
looks like valve guide seals seeping to me.

as far as programming, copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review. Letting the typical morons edit your ecm programming leads to a short engine life otherwise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: arazdolgin
04-08-2022, (Subject: CM871 valve steam seals or rings? ) 
Tried Haggay’s shop, but they said need to change whole head huh.. Previous owner installed new oem head from Cummins last year in 2021. I don’t idle, no rough driving, only 55-60 mph. It was cold a couple times and I had to heat the engine before driving and did high idle on cold engine, so might be seals got troubles due to this. So might try local shops and pops to do valve stem seals. Bought seals snd collets, hopefully it will help.
replyreply
04-08-2022, (Subject: CM871 valve steam seals or rings? ) 
If it don’t smoke or use oil I’d run it

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
04-10-2022, (Subject: CM871 valve steam seals or rings? ) 
(04-08-2022 )SemiSweet Wrote:  If it don’t smoke or use oil I’d run it

The problem is, if not fixed, oil could get into cylinders and also create buildup of moisture on valves.. eventually cause of failure to the engine.
replyreply
04-10-2022, (Subject: CM871 valve steam seals or rings? ) 
I don’t believe you can do the seals without removing the head anyway so taking into account how much labour costs these days it might be worth holding off until the engine needs major work done.

replyreply
04-11-2022, (Subject: CM871 valve steam seals or rings? ) 
Why cant you?
I have, its not to hard just have to be carful and take your time
replyreply
04-12-2022, (Subject: CM871 valve steam seals or rings? ) 
I guess it’s possible but need to be able to hold the back of the valve to compress the spring enough to pull retainers without dropping the valve into the cylinder . And there isn’t a good way to hold the valves up when you go to reinstall the retainers. Could make sure the piston is at top of stroke and then you won’t lose a valve.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
04-12-2022, (Subject: CM871 valve steam seals or rings? ) 
(04-12-2022 )SemiSweet Wrote:  I guess it’s possible but need to be able to hold the back of the valve to compress the spring enough to pull retainers without dropping the valve into the cylinder . And there isn’t a good way to hold the valves up when you go to reinstall the retainers. Could make sure the piston is at top of stroke and then you won’t lose a valve.

there is a proper procedure and proper spring compressor on quickserv describing how to do it without loosing a valve... and yeas, it requires the piston be at TDC when you do it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SemiSweet

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.