trying to research used prostar isx15 best atm, tc10 or ultrashift?
04-10-2022, (Subject: trying to research used prostar isx15 best atm, tc10 or ultrashift? ) 
RE: trying to research used prostar isx15 best atm, tc10 or ultrashift?
The Allison auto trans I find are complete dogs, never a good gear for the conditions I find either over revved or lugged to death. On the other hand, We have an Eaton 18sp auto in one of our trucks and I was very hesitant to own it at first because of all the reasons discussed. The truck is geared properly with 3.91s. Not to go against all the above but I am pleasantly surprised at how nice it is to drive. They can be programmed to to shift at higher rpm and, while pulling, its as easy as hitting a button to drop or hold a gear to keep the rpm up. It Takes some getting used but if you have bad knees then get what makes you comfortable. I would take a little more maintenance over pain. Could be hard to find an 18 speed auto in a pro star although.

Personally I like my manual and I float the gears but drive very little city so rarely use my clutch.

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: trying to research used prostar isx15 best atm, tc10 or ultrashift? - SemiSweet - 04-10-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.