X15 cm2350 cpl4343 oil temp and normal operating ranges
04-10-2022, (Subject: X15 cm2350 cpl4343 oil temp and normal operating ranges ) 
X15 cm2350 cpl4343 oil temp and normal operating ranges
I'm an owner/ operator in Idaho with US authority. I have recently purchased a 2019 KW with an X15 cm2350 CPL 4343 with 718k miles. It was owned by a husband/ wife team running coast to coast produce. I got a load of semi trailers from Pennsylvania to WA for my first trip back home. I'm grossing around 55-60k lbs. I looked through 70 pages of your website threads yesterday trying to find info on consistently high oil temps. This engine is factory. Currently running oil temps between 240-250+ and averaging 4.5 mpg on the trip. Boost gauge is reading 28psi in hard pull. I am completely new to tier 4 engines but I'm trying to keep up with the changing industry. If you've got the time for a phone call or further email correspondence, I would greatly appreciate it. Engine spec printout does 565hp and 1850lb/ft. Thanks!
replyreply
RE: X15 cm2350 cpl4343 oil temp and normal operating ranges
Have you had any real tune-up maintenance on the engine and truck done after purchasing it? .. gone thru it and did all of its 250k and its 500k service, inspect everything, run the overhead valve adjustments, replaced old sensors, egr-tune-up, CAC leak tests, etc.etc.etc?... all the stuffs that is needed to ensure an older truck is ready to haul freight reliably again?.

... or did you make the same mistake that just about all used truck buyers do, and assume that it magically would be in some kind of fairy tale tip-top shape, and just ran it down the roads, hoping for the best after buying it?.

some history on when it started doing this.. what has been done so far.. what maintenance?.. ... etc.etc. some more info.

Also, the boost pressures are too low if that is all it makes under full throttle. This would cause the engine to have higher then normal egt's, etc.

A de-mandated X15 should be making 30~ish psi boost under full load and a non-de-mandated engine should be a few psi higher than that.

is it de-mandated(deleted?), or is the emissions system still operating?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
An X15 will spike to about 34lbs then settle back to 28lbs depending on the load and/or demand for egr gas. Those oil temps if you're pulling a hill although elevated seem to be normal for them stock.. You should be seeing about 225-235 degrees on flat land unless you are heavy in a headwind, or you have something going on making it run hot. I run the PNW from the midwest and what you're saying that your engine is doing boost and temperature wise is consistent with what mine did from the factory. Definitely check everything Rawze mentioned above..
replyreply
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have naively taken the truck from the dealer at their word and the word of the previous owner. I am one who operates with full disclose and in full honesty, and yes, I expect/ desire the same in return...I know that more often than not that is not the case. I have to live with that. That being said, I am now the owner and it is now my problem that I would like to fix the right way. It has not been de-mandated. It has a paccar dpf that has recently been replaced. The first issue happened after hooking on to a trailer with about 22k lbs and pulling a 3% grade. I have at one point seen 30-32lbs boost under full throttle but not consistently. I was told oil and filters were changed just prior to selling but that was not done nor verified by the dealer. That was what the previous owner told me and the dealer. I've heard a lot about the oil cooler thermostats being bad/ faulty.. The oil temp does not drop below 240 even with the engine fan on on a flat road. This is not right. I am also experiencing a shuttering or fluttering when giving it throttle. I'm happy to fix the issues...I'm just not one to throw parts at things unless parts are the solution. Thanks again for the replies.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.