CM871 ECM failure
04-12-2022, (Subject: CM871 ECM failure ) 
CM871 ECM failure
Well, one of the few parts I didn’t replace during my inframe, the ECM, looks like it decided to quit today.
I’m getting a stop engine light, engine stall, and a flurry of inactive codes, with the active code being ‘ecm power lost with ignition on’. I can start the engine, tap the ecm and it stalls. Likewise, I can tap the ecm with the ignition on and it will cause the fuel pump prime and a number of other things to stop and start all over again. All about the time the engine comes up to temp.
Is there a common failure point in these (ribbon cable, solder joints) that cause these types of issues in these ecms or am I pretty much doomed to a new ecm? It has @m*m^2 in it so I’m trying to be mindful of that when going through my options.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: CM871 ECM failure
Pull the file with calterm. Put on a new ECM and download the file to it. Usually a ribbon connector shorts out on the casing of the ECM - Probably best left alone. The ECM case opens up like a book and both sides are siliconed down. They usually get destroyed when you try to open them up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , dhirocz
RE: CM871 ECM failure
That’s it? Just put the new one and flash it? Shouldn’t be an issue.

Just need to put calterm on my scanning laptop. I’ll let you know if I have issues. Thank you!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.