Is it a good engine?
04-27-2022, (Subject: Is it a good engine? ) 
RE: Is it a good engine?
Why are you obsessed about this lol ???? The engine has been lugged to death and probably abused in many ways. Why does this one thing bother you so much?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin
(04-27-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  I will sell the truck, but I still very interested in the details of my abuse report. Somebody could explain how could this be true. 33 hours with less than 5 psi pressure, but no fault codes, no engine shutdown fault codes, nothing. The other truck I own Volvo with 1,300,000 miles have very clean abuse history, so questions remain.

There have been a lot of people in the past that have come around on here asking why they keep getting low oil pressure alarms that come and go. The alarms disappear for a while after replacing the oil filter.. and then come back again. This is a direct indicator of soot-packing problems, failing egr systems, and plugged up DPF filters.. because the bulk of truck owners just keep driving the truck and engine into the ground, because they are too lazy, or are severely under-educated on how to properly clean out the egr system, replace sensors every couple years, keeping after things + doing any preventative maintenance on those systems at all until its far too late. .. but instead they will run off to every repair shop they can find, chasing CEL codes all the time, and waste moneys over and over at places that are not about too do any of these things for them. OEM repair shops are the most guilty of them all, and that is where most O/O's seem to want to take their trucks to out of sheer ignorance. - Such is the normal way that truck owners abuse their equipment and then wonder why they have nothing but engine and emissions problems.

The high hours on the low oil pressure is almost always an indication of this type of soot-packing, excess soot in the oil system abuse and repeated neglect.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-27-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Why are you obsessed about this lol ???? The engine has been lugged to death and probably abused in many ways. Why does this one thing bother you so much?
it bothers me a lot, because Cummins dealership, to be precise a foreman who oversees other mechanics, told me that probably it was not a big deal. A glitch or something or software calibration. I thought until now that OEM people should know all their stuff. They told me it is probably solid engine.
What a lie. He would be better off just telling me the truth that it is something wrong with engine and he doesn't know what.
After you pointed out about lugged engine I already made decision to get rid of the truck, but when I wood be shopping for a new truck, I want to learn about abuse history and other stuff;
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
(04-27-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-27-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  I will sell the truck, but I still very interested in the details of my abuse report. Somebody could explain how could this be true. 33 hours with less than 5 psi pressure, but no fault codes, no engine shutdown fault codes, nothing. The other truck I own Volvo with 1,300,000 miles have very clean abuse history, so questions remain.

There have been a lot of people in the past that have come around on here asking why they keep getting low oil pressure alarms that come and go. The alarms disappear for a while after replacing the oil filter.. and then come back again. This is a direct indicator of soot-packing problems, failing egr systems, and plugged up DPF filters.. because the bulk of truck owners just keep driving the truck and engine into the ground, because they are too lazy, or are severely under-educated on how to properly clean out the egr system, replace sensors every couple years, keeping after things + doing any preventative maintenance on those systems at all until its far too late. .. but instead they will run off to every repair shop they can find, chasing CEL codes all the time, and waste moneys over and over at places that are not about too do any of these things for them. OEM repair shops are the most guilty of them all, and that is where most O/O's seem to want to take their trucks to out of sheer ignorance. - Such is the normal way that truck owners abuse their equipment and then wonder why they have nothing but engine and emissions problems.

The high hours on the low oil pressure is almost always an indication of this type of soot-packing, excess soot in the oil system abuse and repeated neglect.

Thank you for the excellent explanation! But why no fault codes?
replyreply
(04-27-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  ...

it does throw fault codes, but they come and go .. so are ignored.. and then cleared out each time someone connects with the software.

an old example: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...199#pid199

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-27-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-27-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  ...

it does throw fault codes, but they come and go .. so are ignored.. and then cleared out each time someone connects with the software.

an old example: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...199#pid199
Thank you! Very informative.
replyreply
04-28-2022, (Subject: Is it a good engine? ) 
(04-14-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  From a quick glance it looks like a typical worn out abused engine. 75% of the fuel it burned was in top gear, average rpm 1260 max rpm 2190.......it's been lugged its whole life. It's either an auto trans or super tall rears, maybe both.

I just find out you were right, rear ends are 2.64 ratio. I do not really know much about it, but was told it is on a low side.
replyreply
04-28-2022, (Subject: Is it a good engine? ) 
I uploaded data from my old truck 2008 Volvo, which has 1,300,000 miles and I still drive it. For some reason it shows average RPM only 1064. That can not be true. I usually drive it around 1400. Is it because of idling? Or something is off?
I also uploaded duty cycle and it looks good to me. I am new to this, so maybe I am wrong.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  156 trip data.pdf (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 1)
.pdf  duty cycle 156.pdf (Size: 198.56 KB / Downloads: 3)
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.