2021 kw
04-21-2022, (Subject: 2021 kw ) 
2021 kw
I have a 2021 kw with a x15 Cummins in it that was being driven thru a bay and the front tire hit the pole to protect the building and must have turned the truck towards the building but it busted up the dpf filter, scr and most of the sensors on top. I had it towed back to the yard and weighing the cost of my high deductible and the fact that I needed the truck to other options I went with the other option to mandate’d and sent the box off to a person that was recommended and I have heard good things about. I put the thing back together the way people on here had suggested to others and when I got the thing back put it on plugged it up and it fired right up and runs but I have no engine brakes cruise control, and my engine fan runs all the time. I took it back to the guy that did the work and sat down there for half a day but he could not figure out why it was doing this. Looking for help to get these thing working the way it should any help would be much appreciated they say hind sight is 20/20 but I wish I had just put this on my insurance!!!
replyreply
04-21-2022, (Subject: 2021 kw ) 
RE: 2021 kw
(04-21-2022 )rdw222 Wrote:  I have a 2021 kw with a x15 Cummins in it that was being driven thru a bay and the front tire hit the pole to protect the building and must have turned the truck towards the building but it busted up the dpf filter, scr and most of the sensors on top. I had it towed back to the yard and weighing the cost of my high deductible and the fact that I needed the truck to other options I went with the other option to mandate’d and sent the box off to a person that was recommended and I have heard good things about. I put the thing back together the way people on here had suggested to others and when I got the thing back put it on plugged it up and it fired right up and runs but I have no engine brakes cruise control, and my engine fan runs all the time. I took it back to the guy that did the work and sat down there for half a day but he could not figure out why it was doing this. Looking for help to get these thing working the way it should any help would be much appreciated they say hind sight is 20/20 but I wish I had just put this on my insurance!!!

First of all, who did you take it to?. And who did the ecm programming?. You can PM me the info if you don't want to post it publicly.

What hardware mods were done?.

What is the engine ser#. so that I know what engine your referring to exactly.

next, your descriptions imply heavily that whoever did that demandate likely lost all of your truck-specific settings, and now the ecm has a blank program in it, or possibly a (likely) bad delte copied out of another truck and shoved into yours, which is also a no-no.

COPY the program out of the ecm (using the calterm software) .. or if you say it was someone actually reputable then they would have no problem giving you a copy of the program that was put into the truck ... and e-mail it to me for a proper review. And by the way, anyone that is unwilling to give you a copy of any custom programming that they did for you, so that you have it.. in case you need it in the future... so that you have it as a backup -- IS NOT A REPUTABLE PERSON/PLACE.

That is what need to happen to ensure the program is actually safe for the truck. More then 905+ of all demandate programming is extremely harmful to the engine internally... because most of the clown out there doing the stuff have no idea how to even make the programs and they all copy garbage off each other blindly.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.