Air line for fuel
04-23-2022, (Subject: Air line for fuel ) 
Air line for fuel
I’m in the process of replacing my fuel sender and decided to replaced the fuel lines as well.Noticed that my truck has air lines for fuel.Dated 2000.Can I use new air line or is there only a certain type that is multi use?
replyreply
RE: Air line for fuel
Not sure...... I've used air line for fuel though, never had a problem.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(04-23-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  I’m in the process of replacing my fuel sender and decided to replaced the fuel lines as well.Noticed that my truck has air lines for fuel.Dated 2000.Can I use new air line or is there only a certain type that is multi use?

I would not suggest using air lines for fuel. they will get brittle in short order and crack, flake, and be problematic. I also highly doubt the truck maker used air lines for fuel as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
04-24-2022, (Subject: Air line for fuel ) 
Volvo uses a plastic style fuel line, completely different from an air line.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Rawze
(04-23-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-23-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  I’m in the process of replacing my fuel sender and decided to replaced the fuel lines as well.Noticed that my truck has air lines for fuel.Dated 2000.Can I use new air line or is there only a certain type that is multi use?

I would not suggest using air lines for fuel. they will get brittle in short order and crack, flake, and be problematic. I also highly doubt the truck maker used air lines for fuel as well.

I found it odd when I looked at it and saw that it was an air line and when I saw the date of 2000 and my truck is a 2003 I got to wondering if that’s what Navistar used.Is there a specific type of hose that you suggest?
replyreply
Freightliner uses plastic lines also. I would think that compression fittings could be used to retrofit a fuel system from rubber to plastic if needed.
replyreply
The blue Aeroquip SAE100R5 air hose I use is rated for hydraulic fluid, diesel, gas, oil, coolant, etc.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Redland1 , hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.