See smoke in headlights behind me
04-28-2022, (Subject: See smoke in headlights behind me ) 
See smoke in headlights behind me
After two years, I finally was able to have my truck serviced at Mr. Haggs shop. Wonderful people. Wish he had more than one shop, but , being super busy, he made time to fix my truck and give it the Heaetbeat it needed.
But scratching my head about one detail I could not don’t get answered, maybe because I asked a lot of questions and confused the team.
My truck smokes and I see it at night going up hill with headlights behind me. Not visible during day could it be my cans need to be hollowed out?

Than you for any reply.
replyreply
04-28-2022, (Subject: See smoke in headlights behind me ) 
RE: See smoke in headlights behind me
The smoke was so bad on mine, it was visible during daytime, People were waving, bringing attention to the the smoke. lol
Yep, need's to be hollowed out.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rraccerr
04-29-2022, (Subject: See smoke in headlights behind me ) 
(04-28-2022 )hhow55 Wrote:  The smoke was so bad on mine, it was visible during daytime, People were waving, bringing attention to the the smoke. lol
Yep, need's to be hollowed out.

Thank you! I’ll get on it ASAP
replyreply
05-20-2022, (Subject: See smoke in headlights behind me ) 
Are you sure it is smoke?
Since having emissions issues on my 2350 and exhaust clamps on and off multiple times I have had 2 of them come loose occasionally.
If the clamps on the elbow between the decomp tube and the SCR come loose and leak you will get what my best guess is steam from the DEF evaporating instead of going through the SCR. If you can stop safely when it's doing this and jump out to determine what it smells like. If it stinks then you actually have smoke. If it doesn't really stink but kind of has like dusty smell or texture (sorry I can't think of the right way to describe it) it's DEF. Start checking your clamps and the end of the exhaust pipe. If you find a grayish dust at the end of your exhaust check your decomp tube and doser for urea build up.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.