NEED NEW ENGINE
05-02-2022, (Subject: NEED NEW ENGINE ) 
RE: NEED NEW ENGINE
Detroit sells a 3/4 engine (roughly 34k in Canada). If the emissions have been modified or removed it affects but does not void the warranty, such modifications are legal here so check with your dealer prior in case that's only applicable here. If a failure occurs in an aftertreatment part the damage would not be covered however unrelated (to emission system) failures remain warrantable.

I do like the DD15 more then the 16 however both are fairly disposable. An in-frame on them, we do a lot of extra components due to prompt failures post rebuild at one point, things like ensuring updated rods are installed + new cam/rocker housing if the old style is one the engine. More then half get 3/4 swapped.

To swap it out it can add 1-2 weeks extra labor if working normal days in addition to 10-15k cnd in parts. Things like engine mounts, harnesses, fan hub, fan shroud, starter and cables (Detroit's are passenger side) rad and charge air tubing, alternator and cable, AC compressor and lines, power steering pump and lines, appropriate reflashing and or additional datalink to diag port. There is a lot to do and always something unexpected but all thing are possible with time and money. Also as has been stated look into regulations, here in order for a truck to be legal and federally regulated it must have a E-log (sometime soon is the deadline) if the chassis is 2000+. This mean engines must be able to communicate with J1939. This makes say a 6NZ in a 2012 with an ECM serial of 6NZ4999 or less not compatible without a glider box (additional cost and time).

It'll depending on funds but if doing a swap I'd encourage having fun with it and going a bit extra, the cost is high enough that there's no reason to cut corners. For strictly work purposes I would do the 3/4 engine unless cost are diffrent enough from our area to make it worthwhile.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
NEED NEW ENGINE - TaskP - 04-28-2022,
RE: NEED NEW ENGINE - Rawze - 04-28-2022,
RE: NEED NEW ENGINE - TaskP - 04-29-2022,
RE: NEED NEW ENGINE - tree98 - 04-29-2022,
RE: NEED NEW ENGINE - TaskP - 05-02-2022,
RE: NEED NEW ENGINE - JimT - 04-30-2022,
RE: NEED NEW ENGINE - Colter - 05-02-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.