dpf purge air actuator engine faults
08-30-2016, (Subject: dpf purge air actuator engine faults ) 
dpf purge air actuator engine faults
Has anybody had issues with a reoccuring engine fault (DPF purge air actuator) Ive been in the shop 4 times for this in the last 7 weeks. The engine runs fine and regens regularly. Is there some sensors I should be looking at before I throw more parts at this that I dont need?
replyreply
RE: dpf purge air actuator engine faults
(08-30-2016 )1mattrichert Wrote:  Has anybody had issues with a reoccuring engine fault (DPF purge air actuator) Ive been in the shop 4 times for this in the last 7 weeks. The engine runs fine and regens regularly. Is there some sensors I should be looking at before I throw more parts at this that I dont need?

What is the cummins fault code for it? -- there are several depending on what is wrong.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Im just going off what the console says. Dont have the actual codes handy. The shops are going of their troubleshooting guides replacing stuff I dont need. I cant see a different part failing on the purge system every week.
replyreply
08-31-2016, (Subject: dpf purge air actuator engine faults ) 
There not troubleshooting there throwing parts at it to try to solve it. Every code has a troubleshooting procedure.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Thats pretty much what I just said. Im trying to find out if there is a more simple solution to this then spending money I dont have and not getting the problem solved.
replyreply
Without the code it's hard to say.
replyreply
Ill run it in and get it scanned, but the next thing on the list is the air actuator. Ive already had everything else replaced and a seperate issue on top of that which the cummins tech did some investigating and thought it might be, but 5 days later the fault came on again. My concern is getting this air actuator replaced and it turns out I just needed to replace a sensor or 2 this whole time. What their software is telling them is sending them down the list of replacing parts until the problem is solved.
replyreply
The code I have for this is 3225 aftertreatment purge air actuator not responding or out of adjustment
replyreply
I talked to a tech that had another truck with a similar issue, throwing the same code every few days. They put a test ECM on after replacing a bunch of parts and getting nowhere, even the wire harness and that was the problem. So im having the test ECM put on but wont know until ive ran for a few weeks. Then I can move along to the EGR tune up. anybody trucker bretheryn with similar problem let me know.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.