First expensive truck purchase.
05-03-2022, (Subject: First expensive truck purchase. ) 
RE: First expensive truck purchase.
i agree, $79k is a lot especially for the age and no major work. non-standard features such as a wet kit obviously bring the base price up, but it still sounds high. Then again, prices right now are major stupid. With the current trends in the industry and the backlog of parts issues seeing some relief, I'd suggest waiting 6-12 months if possible. Freight rates and loads will be trending down for the next year or so. With lower demand and lower rates on top of high operating costs (fuel, drivers and parts) we will see an increase in used trucks as companies fold/shut down or downsize and as new truck orders are finally being fulfilled and fleets finally shed the old trucks they've been holding on to for the past couple years.

Thats my armchair analysis as someone who's been working on an expansion plan for the past year. I was gonna add a truck this winter/spring but the prices and costs right now are way too high. I've decided to focus heavily on my existing truck this year and re-evaluate the expansion next year.

As for the aero/brick debate. If you're low miles and/or low speeds then the difference will be minimal. However even newer heavy duty / vocational trucks are sporting more aerodynamic profiles even without all the extra fairings and "fuel saving" gadgets hanging all over them. Simply going from a flat front to a rounded profile will help.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.