First expensive truck purchase.
05-01-2022, (Subject: First expensive truck purchase. ) 
RE: First expensive truck purchase.
As one who owns a flying brick, RAWZE is spot on with his assessment. My situation is unique in that I'm a car hauler (9 car stinger) so everything that is required for good or even okay MPG is against me. Not only does the flat nose of my 388 grab a ton of wind, so does the pick-up truck or suv that is always backed on overhead. Basically anything you can think of that would cause a truck to have horrible MPG, I have it. Not to mention that every load I run begins a 590' above sea level and ends up at almost 7,000' over 710 miles or so. Not only that, but I'm always 78k to 83k pounds loaded. Not only that, but slightly north of due west run from DFW to Amarillo is ALWAYS hampered by winds and this year has been exceptionally bad. I've been plagued by winds in excess of 50 mpg MULTIPLE trips this year, never seen so much wind as we've had.

So if you have a true need for a flatnose Pete or W900 that's fine, but I would sure enough consider other options if I had the choice. Either way you go, good luck on your purchase and hope you truly enjoy your new ride.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: First expensive truck purchase. - kozakvod - 05-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.