First expensive truck purchase.
05-01-2022, (Subject: First expensive truck purchase. ) 
RE: First expensive truck purchase.
Most of the farmers I know run in the 6500 mile per year range back and forth to the elevator. If that’s all your gonna do with this truck I don’t think the mileage(high 5’s at best) will be much of a concern. Ideally it should have a 3:90 or higher ratio, anything faster and you’ll regret having that 10 speed. As far as the engine, 700k is when the big issues start. You’ll be back in a few months asking for troubleshooting tips, not so much for the engine but the aftertreatment. If the truck is spec’d EXACTLY as you need it to be that would be the deciding factor for me. I’d rather rebuild an engine in a truck that has the full lockers, 3/4 frame insert and 46k rears than upfit a truck with all those options and then still rebuild the engine and the rest of the truck. There’s nothing wrong with owning a truck your proud to drive, it makes that monthly payment a lot easier but make sure it works for ya especially well considering what your gonna pay for it.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: First expensive truck purchase. - schISM - 05-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.