First expensive truck purchase.
05-01-2022, (Subject: First expensive truck purchase. ) 
RE: First expensive truck purchase.
I will definitely agree with rawze on the “areo” truck being much more efficient for high mileage on highway use. My opinion is every truck has major pros and cons.

As another owner of a brick, my W900L suffers in a head wind especially if you push it over 60-65 mph. But I do very little highway running. Most of my work is FM roads to county roads onto off road applications the would shake a truck with fairings apart.

If you are running for the “farm” and don’t run the high mileage at highway speeds I don’t think the big nose will be a killer but it will make a difference. How the truck is spec’d will make the truck, rear ends being the biggest factor.

I can guarantee that right now is not the time to buy a Pete or any of the “classic” style trucks as they are bringing a premium. A friend of mine that I sub out work to when I get backed up recently bought a 379 ex hood that has 1.2 mil on odometer with no documented motor work and he gave $79,500 for it! He then Proceeds to raise his price on me by almost 30% to make his crazy payment and all the repairs on a million mile plus truck.

Both have their place but application is everything.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: First expensive truck purchase. - Precisionw900 - 05-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.