Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor
05-01-2022, (Subject: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor ) 
Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor
I was doing some looking on QS for a code I had and I noticed this on the Service page.

Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor Upfit for Kenworth and Peterbilt

Can someone please explain what this is? Showing my ignorance I know, but then there's a lot of things that fall into that category for me, so no shame in my shame.

I looked at the kit parts and it some how pipes across the engine back into the fresh air side of the turbo, i guess/think?
replyreply
RE: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor
It’s a retrofit kit for the older ISX’s to plumb the compressor intake into the turbo inlet thereby eliminating the soot from the egr process being introduced into your air tanks, air lines ect. Not really something I’d worry about especially if you’ve already dealt with the soot problem.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , kozakvod
RE: Naturally Aspirated Air Compressor
(05-01-2022 )schISM Wrote:  It’s a retrofit kit for the older ISX’s to plumb the compressor intake into the turbo inlet thereby eliminating the soot from the egr process being introduced into your air tanks, air lines ect. Not really something I’d worry about especially if you’ve already dealt with the soot problem.

Oh it wasn’t something I was going to do, just didn’t know what it was and yes my soot issues were removed a couple years ago. Thank you, appreciate the response.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.