2010 proster no cruze wiper or Jake activation
05-02-2022, (Subject: 2010 proster no cruze wiper or Jake activation ) 
2010 proster no cruze wiper or Jake activation
  I got a problem now 2010 international ProStar eagle.
  I have cleaned all the battery grounds even the grounds to the chassis and to the firewall of the cab.during my rebuild i replaced both the body control module and the economy i had them flashed on the truck at international
   I think the problem is in the fuse box. I have replaced all of the relays and all of the fuses once again done this several times in the past.
   I do not have cruise control, and cannot activate engine breaks, and AC compressor clutch won’t spin as well as windshield wipers won’t actually no power to the AC clutch I used the alternator to fill it so I know the clutch is working. I also have a transmission Guage with the light on and sitting at 0.
 The truck was left at the mechanic with the Hood open and the windows open for a couple of months until I found out.
XXX So this all has to be a common issue or a common situation linked together?? XXX
  I think what I need to know is how do I remove the terminals from the fuse box the relay for the wiper high and low I think is the same relay for the rest maybe but I think the fuse box may be the issue so is there a way to rewire or how do I get the terminals out of the fuse box so that I can squeeze them tighter?
 What say you?
replyreply
RE: 2010 proster no cruze wiper or Jake activation
Sounds to me like the shop needs to fix it if they were responsible for leaving the hood up and window down.

There are two mega fuses located under a rubber flap under the air filter that feeds your cab and cab controller. I replaced booth mine as I was having issues with my gauges acting up. Figured 12 years and over a million miles was long enough.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: MRETRANS
(05-02-2022 )Nilao Wrote:  Sounds to me like the shop needs to fix it if they were responsible for leaving the hood up and window down.

There are two mega fuses located under a rubber flap under the air filter that feeds your cab and cab controller. I replaced booth mine as I was having issues with my gauges acting up. Figured 12 years and over a million miles was long enough.

Yeah okay the Maxi fuses I will look into getting some of those but the mechanic shop is closed during the whole process the owner went to jail and it became a free-for-all trucks were abused and stolen from the reason I had to replace my ECM was they swapped it out somebody did anyway with one that had a problem it took me forever to diagnose that oh, but the shop is out of business so I'm lucky I got my truck back some trucks got towed and some confiscated it was a bad deal when the cat's away the mice will play and all that so now I'm trying to recover from this last problem I took the truck to another mechanic and got the pieces put together
replyreply
someone needs to connect to the cab controller with the cab controller software and properly test all those circuits, using the software. see why the cab controller is refusing to operate those things... or if it thinks they are operating.

until you confirm whether or not those things are being told to operate or not.. your only chasing ghosts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yes sir we did plug-in to the body control module we re-flashed it on the truck at the the International Dealer and then tried to diagnose where it was coming from but no codes or failed operation going through those it’s just not showing up on the computer according to the computer everything is fine they gave me a diagram of the smart wheel but the turn selector lever runs the wipers the two control panels on the smart wheel right side for engine brake air horn and market light The engine brake only does not seem to work
On the left side headlights cruise resume and cancel on and off the marker light interrupt is the only one that works.
On the turn selector lever would be the wiper wash and the wiper etc. the turn selectors right and left work but can’t get a response out of the wiper functions and wash function
that’s the thing I took it twice to the International to have them flash the Body control module and run test but the computer does not pick up the problem
replyreply
(05-02-2022 )MRETRANS Wrote:  Yes sir we did plug-in to the body control module we re-flashed it on the truck at the the International Dealer and then tried to diagnose where it was coming from but no codes or failed operation going through those it’s just not showing up on the computer according to the computer everything is fine they gave me a diagram of the smart wheel but the turn selector lever runs the wipers the two control panels on the smart wheel right side for engine brake air horn and market light The engine brake only does not seem to work
On the left side headlights cruise resume and cancel on and off the marker light interrupt is the only one that works.
On the turn selector lever would be the wiper wash and the wiper etc. the turn selectors right and left work but can’t get a response out of the wiper functions and wash function
that’s the thing I took it twice to the International to have them flash the Body control module and run test but the computer does not pick up the problem

you did not get my point. That cab control software will tell you the inputs.. and what they are reading.. and the outputs and what they are telling the system to do. - SOMEONE NEEDS TO VERIFY THE INPUTS... AND THEN VERIFY THE OUTPUTS THAT THEY ARE RESPONDING AND ACTIVATING .. OR SEE WHAT MIGHT BE BLOCKING THE OUTPUTS FROM COMMING ON!.

My own truck had a similar issue once... And that cab control software said that the ignition switch was in the "cranking position" perpetually, when it was not... .. And none of those controls worked until we found the issue.

I highly doubt that the (a) stealers#it is going to do any of that.. but instead, waste all kinds of your moneys replacing things blindly in hopes that the issue goes away.

In all actuality, as far as anyone's guessing ... it can be a very simple matter of a tarnished/slightly corroded fuse or fuse holder in the fuse box.. and otherwise nothing wrong at all. Here is what was wrong with mine back when we found that issue...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

AND BY THE WAY: ... ALL of the wiring diagrams for international trucks is online.. and free.. on navistars website. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid54399

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: MRETRANS
05-11-2022, (Subject: 2010 proster no cruze wiper or Jake activation ) 
2nd Rawze on check fuses for tarnish then somebody who knows what they are doing has to watch the inputs in DLB (the diagnostic program for the body computer). This could also be a bad clockspring. They rare fail but are the pass thru from the steering wheel switches to the wiring in the column.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.