Diagnostics plug question
05-03-2022, (Subject: Diagnostics plug question ) 
Diagnostics plug question
Like a lot of trucks, my E log is connected to the diagnostic port. I occasionally get the red triangle due to connectivity problems with the ECM, being my truck is a little older, 2010 (so they say).
Our company elog guy is telling me it has to do with the ground, and that I should tap into the center wire and run it to ground. I am leery about doing that. Does that sound like a half decent idea?
replyreply
05-04-2022, (Subject: Diagnostics plug question ) 
RE: Diagnostics plug question
Just my own two cents here, but I would NOT modify anything just because of Elog connectivity issues. I have used several brands now and they all seem to be junk! Like all electronic crap they do not operate properly all the time.

I hard wired my Qualcomm in, so it does not use the data port at all, and it is grounded separately to a grounding stud all by itself. I still get occasional connection issues. My truck is older too, 2012. The main problem I have is sometimes on start up it pulls the odometer mileage from the instrument cluster, and sometimes it pulls the mileage from the ECM. With nearly 900k on the truck these two mileages are very far apart.

Qualcomm says they work better on newer trucks that only have the j1939 connection. Where as mine is right in the time frame that has 1939 and 1708/1587. But I am sure as shi#t not gonna buy a new truck!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , Rawze
05-09-2022, (Subject: Diagnostics plug question ) 
RE: Diagnostics plug question
My 2009 387 has not had any issues from connection. I did have power faults from the crappy power connection feeding the dash fuse block. I'd love to meet the engineer who felt feeding a 100 Amp fuse block with a push type connector was a good idea and b!tch slap him.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.