Cummins 152mm Block
05-13-2022, (Subject: Cummins 152mm Block ) 
RE: Cummins 152mm Block
Grande Prairie, Alberta
replyreply
05-17-2022, (Subject: Cummins 152mm Block ) 
I would say rebuild it, and get the inserts in. There is a shortage of parts and 4 weeks down time is alot for some units depending on things like if they are in peak season or have fat payments. There are many variables and it depends very much on which unit you are going to put this in.

If it cost less, its worth less and the customer that would be running this engine should know this. Some of my customers depending on their age, financial situation and general opinion of how they like to run their equipment are looking for subpar work and cheaper repairs.

Some scenarios you have make do with what you have and even if you shave 15% of the life in the engine you still have plenty of time to pay off this engine and are giving 85% more life to this block. Not every customer wants 54k engine repair.

Although you must note that I have 0 experience with these inserts you are talking about never seen it in one of the engines here (Ontario) but I think you should give it a go and see what happens.
replyreply
05-18-2022, (Subject: Cummins 152mm Block ) 
(05-17-2022 )Mikanic Wrote:  Some of my customers depending on their age, financial situation and general opinion of how they like to run their equipment are looking for subpar work and cheaper repairs.

Atleast you admit you do subpar work......... dealers have been doing it for years but claiming otherwise.
Pretty terrible business plan if you ask me but to each his own.

User's Signature: Warranty??? Yeah right, I am the warranty!!!
replyreply
05-18-2022, (Subject: Cummins 152mm Block ) 
That's exactly why I brought this up, I'm pretty sure its something specific to our region and the main cause of the high failure rate in Cummins in our area can be found in the terrible tuning threads. We wont misrepresent a repair or a component so finding out thoughts on something is valuable

I do have a customer supplied block on the floor that has had lower and upper inserts put in, I will post some photos later for anyone who is curious.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.

Theme by MyBB Addict
Contact Us | Rawze.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication