new acuators
08-31-2016, (Subject: new acuators ) 
new acuators
new actuator's new have recessed cut outs for o rings 4 of them (came with actuators ) Question is do I still us steel backing plate that was used to seal originals?
replyreply
RE: new acuators
You would have to clean them up really well if you used them again, but would call manufacturer. You know how they are about updating parts so certain things are or are not needed again.
replyreply
(08-31-2016 )slowpoke Wrote:  new actuator's new have recessed cut outs for o rings 4 of them (came with actuators ) Question is do I still us steel backing plate that was used to seal originals?

new actuators have the gasket, OLD actuators have the recesses for o-rings and require o-rings.
replyreply
put them on using o ring and gasket well see tomorrow if it leaks just did one till I see what happens. so using gasket was mistake. well live and learn. guess my new ones are old rebuilt ones. only $680.00 + 490.00 core charge each. I did they rear outer hardest to get at figured get hard one done first. lol
replyreply
one other thing are actuators on cm870 and 871 identical mines the cm871
replyreply
09-01-2016, (Subject: new acuators ) 
should I take it off and remove gasket before I fire it up. just finishing shimming oil pump I put in 5 dimes haven't put pan back on yet
replyreply
09-01-2016, (Subject: new acuators ) 
(09-01-2016 )slowpoke Wrote:  should I take it off and remove gasket before I fire it up. just finishing shimming oil pump I put in 5 dimes haven't put pan back on yet

I doubt you make much difference with 5 dimes. I would suggest about 8 just to bring it up 5-8 PSI.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-02-2016, (Subject: new acuators ) 
fired it up kicked and bucked for about 2 minutes smoothed out but no leaks. still holding off on others till find out if I have to omit gasket plate with o ring style actuators. seems like without gasket plate lot of dirt could squeeze in there?
as far as shimming oil pump only ran it for about 5 minutes so no heat yet but brought it up to 1200 rpm and it hit 56 lbs. idle was 44 but still cold, let you know once I go back out.
replyreply
09-02-2016, (Subject: new acuators ) 
Fueling and metering actuators either have an o-rings style design -- OR -- A metal gasket design. YOU SHOULD NOT BE USING BOTH ON THEM!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.