tuning question
08-21-2022, (Subject: tuning question ) 
RE: tuning question
My 2350 will push 34-35 when loaded and on the 3rd stage engine brake. I will click it down to second stage if I’m at higher rpm’s just to be safe. My brake tables are factory and engine is tuned by a reputable member. There was a post by unilevers years ago mentioning that you don’t want to see over 35 psi on the brakes on the 2250/2350.

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
08-21-2022, (Subject: tuning question ) 
RE: tuning question
(08-21-2022 )Aleeex Wrote:  I’m no expert, just asking questions to try to understand more myself.

When the engine brake is on, there’s no fuel being delivered - right?

So there’s no combustion?

Would the higher boost or positive pressure still be bad for the engine? Air compressed and isn’t that what slows down the engine?

I understand that higher pressures could float the valves if the valve springs aren’t designed for this. (Back when I had a 12 valve 5.9 we had to upgrade the valve springs to run an exhaust brake so the valves don’t float)

high exhaust back-pressures cause valve closing delays as the engine turns high RPM ... a piston can strike a valve.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.